• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Add me to the "Laura's Beauties" List

kbaker

I was hoping the pictures would do all the talking, but between shedding and the iPhone camera, you are missing out. :p

Steve and Darby (NotSteve) are from Laura. And Machete (NotNotSteve) I bought from someone off faunaclassifieds.

Steve:
Steve_1210263.jpg

Steve_1210262.jpg

Steve_1210261.jpg

Steve_121026.jpg

Darby:
Darby_1210266.jpg

Darby_1210265.jpg

Darby_1210264.jpg

Darby_1210263.jpg

Darby_1210262.jpg

Darby_1210261.jpg

Darby_121026.jpg

Machete:
Machete_1210267.jpg

Machete_1210266.jpg

Machete_1210265.jpg

Machete_1210264.jpg

Machete_1210263.jpg

Machete_1210262.jpg

Machete_1210261.jpg

Machete_121026.jpg

Steven.

You guys are making me feel like crap man... I regret not buying from Laura more and more.. Those are beautiful tegus.. I love how each one of them has their little difference even though they're all from the same clutch... Awesome job with your tegus

sent from my phone to your eyes

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ha! Steve and Not Steve. Is Machete a hybrid as well? they all look very nice. Darby looks like the other hybrid I have here, a subadult. She is b/w with a lot of orange.

kbaker

laurarfl said:
Ha! Steve and Not Steve. Is Machete a hybrid as well? they all look very nice. Darby looks like the other hybrid I have here, a subadult. She is b/w with a lot of orange.

Machete is a Blue X Red.

The colors did not come across in the pictures. Steve has nice whites and has this amber glow like a hot coal. Darby has yellow spots on her back, white spots on her sides and has the orange on her belly and under her tail. Machete has peach spots on his back and neck; and there are times when he has a teal blue glow over his whole body.

All three have different personalities. Steve is most curious and will walk out onto me. He is calm, but always on the move. There were tons of blurred pictures of Steve. Darby does not like to be grabbed and is flighty. When I do handle Darby, she is wonderful in hand and does not have to be constrained. I haven't had Machete as long and he has doubled in size quickly. I have not gotten to the point where I handle him. If I put my hand in the cage, he will walk up (huffing and puffing), lean in to smell me and then take off to the other side of the cage. A couple times he tasted/bit my knuckle!

One thing I noticed from day one with all three...they love the heat. Machete basks the most, but if I handle any of them after basking they are like hot potatoes.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
They r beautiful I have a question I thought only.blue tegu get orange under then.because Godzilla has a lot and he isn't blue

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

kbaker

I can't speak about any other tegus, but my blue cross has a yellow belly. It's not the same as the orange on Darby. The belly is basically white with a yellow glow. I will have try to capture that with the camera.

TeguBlake

kbaker said:
I can't speak about any other tegus, but my blue cross has a yellow belly. It's not the same as the orange on Darby. The belly is basically white with a yellow glow. I will have try to capture that with the camera.

Liver problems?

Teguteen95

Hi, I have just had a baby B+W Argentinian but sadly was too ill
Do I took him back to the shop and was wondering does ANYONE know a breeder that is selling :( I'm am desperate for a tegu!! Thanks :)

kbaker

TeguBlake said:
kbaker said:

Liver problems?

I don't think so...everything seems fine with him.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No, the yellow/orange on the belly is just variations within pigment. Liver problems (jaundice) would cause yellowing in the whites of eyes, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980