• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Adult AA size question

Dana C

While I know any reptile or bird, reptile etc. will be what ever they will be and I am not a fan of "biggest is best", I am curious about AA's and their growth potential.
Mine is a August 2011 hatch. I assume that the first bunch of AA's is approaching adulthood. The question is, how large should I expect him, ( I hope), to get considering the out crosses including Extreme's?

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
HPIZZLE. Yes, I am :) . They have been in hibernation for a while now. The last two times they went into hibernation they hibernated for 7 months :( . I hope I don't have to wait that long again. But other then that they are doing well. As soon as they wake up I'm going to post some photos ;) .

HPIZZLE

txrepgirl said:
HPIZZLE. Yes, I am :) . They have been in hibernation for a while now. The last two times they went into hibernation they hibernated for 7 months :( . I hope I don't have to wait that long again. But other then that they are doing well. As soon as they wake up I'm going to post some photos ;) .

cool.
i love all your videos on youtube lol. your so cutesy with all your tegus haha.

Johnnydr

As they are a hybrid, it all depends on unpredictable gene recombination.......but they are 50% giant! i think there is going to be a ton of variability between some hybrids and others.

Dana C

I have noticed that their coloration seems to vary quite a bit between those I have seen pictures of. The one you sold me, "Junior", has very black skin with perfect white spots and biege bands from just behind his head going down about a third of his body. That is the random recombinate DNA & genes doing their thing.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sorry I took so long to post some pics.. the tiles are 18" for size reference

AAtegu.jpg

AAtegu1.jpg

AAtegu2.jpg

AAtegu3.jpg

Dana C

Great looking Tegu!!! (Nice tile floor too.) It is interesting how different all the AA's look. I think yours has a Blue look to him. Of course I have only seen pictures of one and none in person.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus