• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Advice on calming a young tegu?

Aranha

5 Year Member
Hiya sorry i havent posted in awhile.

My tegu "Kompis" is really friendly but for the last few months hes been really kinda hyperactive. Its like hes hungry and just going nuts even tho he doesnt bite or never have i cant control him out of the enclosure since i moved to another apartment about 2 months ago. Its like he gets wilder and wilder the more hes out of the enclousure and if hes out for more than like 5 minutes i nearly have to chase him to catch him.

I used to just lay him on the couch in my old appartment and he would be calm like a whistle. Ive been reading alittle about internal worms that cause tegus to feel hunger and doesnt seem to be a rare thing especially since the breeders i bought them from (only one in sweden with constant stock) seem to be famous when it comes to not handling their reptiles well.

Ive had him for about a year so i think hes like 15 months old or something like that.

Any advice?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980