• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Aging wonderful female columbian tegu

Jay Gissen

Hello all,

We have a beautiful columbian tegu, called Teggie. We got her at a reptile show 15 years ago. Now, we are forced to move from our house and we may not be able to bring Teggie with us. I am joining this forum to see if anyone might want to adopt her. She is in good health, feisty and friendly, and loves to have her back rubbed. Of late, her appetite seems to have diminished a bit, could that be a sign of aging? Any advice or help or interest would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
15 years? Wow. It's a shame you can't keep her. They do bond with their owners and I bet that won't be an easy transition for her. Have you looked at all your options? I'm sorry you have to part with her, I have had one of my males for 10 years and I couldn't imagine being without him. I do hope you find someone to adopt her and love her as you have. Sometimes older animals are more difficult. But pics always help :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me