• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

All American Growth comparison

DMBizeau

Figured I would post a pic of my All American when I got him and a picture now. He hibernated at 6 weeks old according to Bobby and I didnt get him till around march.

Before
IMG_1958.jpg

After - The blue in the bottom picture used to way 2x more then him
DSCN1191.jpg

DSCN1199.jpg

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
wow those all americans are looking very tempting, wouldnt it be funny if they ended up bigger than all the other types of tegus like the reds, blues, and giants? kinda like the liger is bigger than a lion and a tiger!

SjRrMc

ha that would be funny and i would have to get a all american i really would like to get a giant giant tegu something that is just monstrous size for a tegu

DMBizeau

They should be pretty big considering they are 50% giant and 25% red. He was in really heavy shed when I took that pic yesterday. When I got off work today he had shed all his body, so hopefully he will shed the rest soon so I can get some pics. He is not usually that dark but has lots of color coming out.

DMBizeau

Its really hard to capture his color with a camera, right now he is almost a lavender color with his black. Hopefully it gets more intense, its pretty cool watching him grow and having no idea what he will look like as an adult.

SjRrMc

i know i have had a tegu since april and love it so much and i cant wait to have a full size one to see it. they are cool reptiles my favorite actually.

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Wow he is growing fast. As fast as he grows I'm sure he is a male. I don't know why mine are still so small. Venus is eating more than Shakespeare does and she is still smaller. Maybe it's because they didn't come out of hibernation until April 16th. I just saw them for a few days when I first got them in September and they hardly wanted to eat anything.

I can't wait to see some new pictures after yours shedded all the way. I hope they are going to be a light color. Does yours have the black V under his chin ? Shakespeare does and Venus doesn't.

DMBizeau

I am pretty sure he is a male and I had asked Bobby to try to pick a male for me. He does have the black v under his chin and mine is black with a lavender like color when he isn't shedding.

Riplee

5 Year Member
Blue grow up very slow.~~~

My got my blues and Arg in the same time, and they were the same size. But now the Arg is 5times bigger than blues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029