• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

All American Tegu

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Hi. If you have a All American Tegu can you please post some pictures from when you first got it and than some updated ones.Both off mine have been hibernating for a while now and I miss them.Thank you for your time.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I was just about to start a new thread :lol: but I'll post'em here too.

Okay,..I tried to catch some pics of him in similar positions and places as his first pics for a size comparison. I got a few but he wasn't that cooperative in the beginning typical for him

First is an old pic and Second is the new pic.

IMGP1008.jpg

IMGP1403.jpg

Where he use to fit ever so nicely on his ledge,...not any more.

IMGP1009.jpg

IMGP1404.jpg

IMGP0969.jpg

IMGP1402.jpg

Last month he would fit in the palm of my hand,.....not anymore.

IMGP0933.jpg

IMGP1392.jpg

IMGP1394.jpg

He pretty much stays in shed more often than not. I'm lucky if I see the bright white markings for more than two days before his color starts to dull.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
wow bubblz he looks great i would love to see him when hes older how long/old is he now good job though

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanx,..he's about the same length as his feeding bin which is 2ft so he just short of that,..about 22inchs. I haven't weighed him yet though, he's not the most cooperative little Gu. Most of the time I'm too surprised that he's letting me hold him let alone take pics to remember to get a weight on him. :roll: :lol:

crox

5 Year Member
ill try and get pictures of mine tomorrow. spike hasnt grown much at all and is half- hibernating

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He's primarily on a whole foods diet, he might get ground turkey twice a week at the most. From mice to cut up rabbit, chicks and quail, he loves fruit but couldn't care less about veggies. When ever he has meat with no bones I do the same as everyone else and add calcium and cod liver oil. Sometimes I put cod liver oil on his whole foods also. Just to help move everything they can't digest. He's up and eats everyday and has never turned down anything I give him. Shows no signs of slowing down or hibernating.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah,..except for his attitude :roll: :lol:. Other than mosquito's I've never been bitten by anything so much in my life. Tricky is :crazy :lol: his name fits him perfectly. The last time he bit me I put my hand in his enclosure, he walked over and laid his head in my hand. Closed his eyes and stayed there for about 2 or 3 mins. Just as he opened his eyes,..he bit me :shock:. He had his nose in the nook between my index and middle finger. It was so cute,..until he tagged me.

Meg90

5 Year Member
Sheesh! Sounds like that boy needs some more cuddling! I call my animals with attitude "spicy"...that or problem children.

I have a crested gecko that was a terror for months. I was more afraid of him, then I was of Cleo when I first got her! 36g of pure terror!

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Wow he has gotten big fast lol.He looks great :) .Thank you for posting the pictures for me ;) .

Crox. How is your All American doing now ?

crox

5 Year Member
Spike is doing good. Shes only eats about 3 times a week and rarely will she eat anything but mice. But i got her to eat some eggs the other day. Shes getting a bit more of the red color, but still is super skittish. Do you think these tegus will be bigger or smaller than the Black and Whites? Im hopping for same size so she can live with Sprinkles down the road.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Just an update,...both of my babies are in shed and had a bath yesterday. So I took the time to get some pics, Tricky is now 30 ins and just over 2 lbs. He's shedding (very dark right now) and had a long bath last night so I'll get better pics when he's done.

IMGP1819.jpg

IMGP1820.jpg

IMGP1824.jpg

IMGP1799.jpg

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Those are some very cute Tegus and pictures. I think the blue Tegu is a female. I could be wrong but I have that gut feeling that it is. I love the light colors on the blue Tegu :) .

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i love your all american tegu he is getting big ( im guessing he will take after his father size wise)and your blue looks good too

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
lople789 post should be deleted. It looks like spam and has nothing to do with the All American Tegus.

Bubblz. Thank you so much for the updated pictures. He looks great and sooooo big lol. My Shakespeare and Venus have been hibernating the hole time and are still very small. I was a bit worried about them so I checked on them the other day and took some pictures. They seemd fine. After I checked on them I misted down the entire enclosure. They basked for about 5 minutes and went right back into hibernation :( . Here are the updated pictures from a few days ago.

SS852673.jpg

SS852672.jpg

SS852657.jpg

SS852666.jpg

SS852671.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus