• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

am i doing it right???

zorndike

5 Year Member
hello guys i just want to ask if i'm doing right in taking care of my tegu. right now its in a plastic bin l19"xw13"xh9" my tegu is about 11"-12" tip to tip. i use coco peat as substrate due to lack of cypress mulch here in my country, its about 1" deep on one side and 1.5"-2" deep on the other side the bottom is really damped. i made it this way due to it keeps on reaching the screen top on the other side of the enclosure. tho it still can reach it. i also placed some flat rocks inside and a water dish. oh by the way the lid of the enclosure is half screened i used aluminum .5 hole screen for my lighting the other half is just drilled holes.

my lighting is a 40watts incandescent bulb for heat and a reptizoo uv bulb 26watts 10.0 i just dont know if its a good brand tho. that is why i still take my tegu out if i have the time for it to bask under the sun.

lastly i feed my tegu with self raised crickets, ground beef with beef liver and ground chicken breast, both mixed with cod liver oil. i seldom feed it with pinkies. by the way ground turkey is hard to find here.

well thats all, i just what to know if i'm doing it right, negative comments are very welcome for me to correct my wrong doings. thank you guys hope you guys could give me additional tips. thanks very very much. :D

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
well you should feed more than seldom on whole prey, its the best source of everything for tegus, at his size you can try some super worms too mine liked them a lot. Ive never used the reptizoo UVB bulb so I dont know much about them, I tend to stick with zoomed products because I havent ever had a problem...also that tank will need an upgrade almost immediately, especially with this time of the year your tegu could reach over 3 ft by next hibernation no problem, just a warning...but other than that it sounds pretty much good, id like to see some pics :D

zorndike

5 Year Member
thanks thanks i appreciate it very much will do those things. ill post some pics if i got some time again ill post all i wrote regarding enclosure setups. :D

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
Yup, and ask any questions you may have, if I cant answer them theres 100s of other people with a wealth of knowledge on here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980