• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

am i over reacting?!

erin

5 Year Member
Hello my name is Erin .Iam a new member and tegu owner.I think i know the anwser to my question but i wanted to ask you anyway.My tegu is 2 1/2 yr old .she was on a diet of dog food (yuck) so we switched her over to some chicken turkey ect. she'll have been here for a week this coming sunday.

she ate a big meal to say the least.she ate that meal tuesday and some snails (a few) yesterday. but she didt want no meat. and then today she didt want to eat. so is this normal behavior ? when do you start to worry about her not eating like a week or so?

before we got her she was eating meals of dog food every other day. would it be okay to feed her like every 3 or 4 days?

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
You need to start her on some whole prey. Buy some mice or rats. Apollo goes off food every once in awhile, usually because he needs to take a giant crap.

erin

5 Year Member
ApriliaRufo said:
You need to start her on some whole prey. Buy some mice or rats. Apollo goes off food every once in awhile, usually because he needs to take a giant crap.

well she ate some more chicken and like you said after she took a giant crap!!!omg

leoares27

5 Year Member
Is she a colombian or argentine tegu?
You can give her dusted crickets, mealworms, stuff like that...mice/rats (frozen/thawed)...hardboiled and/or scrambled egg with shell (i usually make it in small peices so it goes down easier)... also raw ground turkey...

If it is an argentine, you could try to give her fruits and veggies...but if it is a columbian, i think varnyard said they only eat meat.
good luck and post some pics!! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me