• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Another hibernation question.

Two Bananas Marinade

5 Year Member
My tegu, Blender, slowed down his eating in August. By the end of august beginning of September he was hibernating. Is this too early? This first hibernation is killing me. I want to make sure he is alive come spring. I do check on him every once in a while. The last time I looked in on him he came out from under his rocks stayed out a few minutes and then crawled back. He is still fat he does not look skinny at all.
I just hear so many tegus dont hibernate til later in the year.

thanks

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
The hibernation period for Tegus varies drastically. Some go under early some go under late. Some hibernte for 7 months and some for only 4. Really it is all dependent on what your tegu wants to do and his internal clock. Nothing really we can do about that. Mine went under early november and I haven't seen him since. He has blcoked his hide off with dirt so I can't see him. The little guy will be fine you will just have to wait until he gets up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan