• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Another question about larry

Dallen33

5 Year Member
Larry seems to only be coming out for a few hours a day. This few hours is the time that i am at work. When he came out yesterday he ate. Today when i got home from work he had left me a present and some things in the tank were rearranged. What should i do about feeding him if hes only coming out a few hours a day when im not around?

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
what time do you turn your light on and leave for work? mines on a timer and comes on a 7 every morning and i get in the shower around that time, by the time im out of the shower hes always up and basking and thats when i feed him, sometimes hes out when i come home frm school but usually not, if so i offer more food, if not then he sleeps, this should change after these winter months are gone (hate this time). Spring/summer he should be more active and much much more interested in food. But mine is basically the same as yours, just try to get in a routine.

Dallen33

5 Year Member
I put his lights and my cresteds lights on at about 8 and shut them off around 8. Yesterday he came out around 1 or so. He's new to his enclosure so it could be just a matter of a few days getting acclimated with his new home

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
oh really? yea id give him 4-7 days to get acclimated to his enclosure, dont hold him or really try to even feed him till hes used to his new home. just get his light cycles in a routine so he knows how hes going to be living. Like i said mine is currently doing the same thing and ive had him for months, just a winter thing, they sleep ALOT and hardly eat wether you have had them for a while or not, wouldnt worry at all.

Dallen33

5 Year Member
Good to know....i have his lights going on at 8 and off at 8. My dad happened to see him out on sunday and took him out and he said he ate good. I havent seen him in 2 days! but judging by what ive been reading thats completely normal for this time of year.

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
yes 100% normal, suprised you seem him every few days, most hibernate completely, poor Bobby hasnt seen his beasts in 5 months or more :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me