• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Another Tegu With A Bad Shed!

rule6660

5 Year Member
Ok So my tegu is having a very bad shed! The top of her back and all of her tail have not shed and its been over a month! I have been soaking her every other night for a half hour and rubbing her bach and tail but only getting a scale by scale shed on her back I have tried Nature Zone's shed away and have had no results and Four Paws' Nature's Reptile Vita-spray with no results :( I have been feeding her liver she wont eat any fruit. Her tail is looking pretty bad. So is there any thing else I can do before I go to a vet? Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks ~AJ~

redtail2426

5 Year Member
Vitamin A will help with shedding but dont give to much as you can overdose on it. Also get the humidity up amd make sure where your tegu sleeps it is damp and humid. Goodluck.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Maybe she needs a piece of cork or driftwood to rub on.
Do you have anything big enough for her to rub against (something that won't move around too easily?)

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Oh, that's good. I don't know what to say aside from what has already been said.

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
I use sunflower oil, create a super humid hide out of wood, and staple sphagnum moss on every side on the inside and soak it.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ApriliaRufo said:
I use sunflower oil, create a super humid hide out of wood, and staple sphagnum moss on every side on the inside and soak it.

Nice...I might have to try that if my tegu ever has shedding problems. Quite nifty, if you ask me!

rule6660

5 Year Member
100_1504.jpg

100_1496.jpg

100_1507.jpg

I hope these are good enough pics for you guys
Thanks for all of your help!!!!!
~AJ~

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I use Zoo med Repti Shedding Aid, When any of my reptiles get a stuck shedd.. You might want to try it if warm baths arnt helping.

angelrose

5 Year Member
when my babies take baths I add a little Shed-Ease by Zilla in their bath and if you have a problem spot you can massage a little on there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus