• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Any color or hybrid arg tegus of breeding age wanted

JBW Exotics

I need some more breeders for this season. I dont care if they are mean, missing limbs, scarred up, etc as long as they can get it on and are not infertile. Call/text Josh at 334-730-3584 or email [email protected]. Im not on the comp much, especially this time of year because I'm out getting my herp on, so if you post a response i will prob never see it.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Wow, just wow. I doubt you'll have any luck with standards like this and buying from anyone who actually cares about there reptiles.

JBW Exotics

I guess one of you sent me this email: And it's a little sickening.
You basically state that you do not care about health, genetics, or anything. You just want an animal to breed and sell. Made a mistake posting on the two tegu forums who have members who LOVE their animals.

DONT INSULT SOMEONE YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!
I love all animals and plants and have devoted my life to them. I live for biology and am a biologist, so dont ever come at me like that. I am working with several colleges in AL on research that will have a major impact on our understanding of life. Im looking for a male to breed with a specific female tegu with a specific look to see if I can get some babies like that in other colors. Im trying to get animals that others dont want for whatever reason that are still able to breed b/c I need it asap. I want a house full of tegus b/c i am addicted to tegus, and could care less if i sell a single one. Ignorant people like you are what is sickening.

Little Wise Owl

5 Year Member
Yes, we're ignorant and sickening for seeing someone post a thread saying they want any fertile tegu no matter what kind of health condition it's in.

If you think that's not going to set off warning bells in tegu owner's minds... Then there is no hope.

JBW Exotics

I'm trying to get animals that others may not want b/c they are damaged, sick, etc. b/c this will be my first year with a female old enough to breed and I'm excited to see what my first babys will look like, and I can save that animal and ensure its genetic potential has a chance not be lost. Send me an animal that needs a heart transplant and I have the knowlege to do it. I live for science and have studied biology, chemistry, medicine, biomedical engineering, microbiolgy, genetics, evolution, etc. for most of my life and I love it. Im only 29 and have already made more of an impact in science than many w a doctorate twice my age. There is a daylilly named in my honor and am about to publish a paper on my research to see if fish eggs have the same plasticity as amphibian eggs when posed to threat of disease/predation. If i can isolate the biochemical factors that cause the speed of egg developement it can be used to lessen time to hatch, and the fish/herp industry will be impacted drastically. I got on the comp to review a reaction i need to use to stop a metabolite of a molecule im using to increase electron availability (energy transport) in all organisms from signalling cells to slow/die, which will impact all life including you, your animals, plants, bacteria, etc. and I end up wasting my time defending myself from someone who has nothing better to do than insult someone else. Thanks a lot.
Little Wise Owl said:
Yes, we're ignorant and sickening for seeing someone post a thread saying they want any fertile tegu no matter what kind of health condition it's in.

If you think that's not going to set off warning bells in tegu owner's minds... Then there is no hope.

Little Wise Owl

5 Year Member
picard-facepalm.jpg

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Little Wise Owl said:

x2^

JBW Exotics said:
I'm trying to get animals that others may not want b/c they are damaged, sick, etc. b/c this will be my first year with a female old enough to breed and I'm excited to see what my first babys will look like

Oh cool. This make's everything better,take a sick/stressed animal and breed it,no big deal..

Oh and congrats on the paper.

JBW Exotics

I WANT AN ANIMAL IN PERFECT CONDITION BUT I AM HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING AND ADULT MALE AT A GOOD PRICE SO I SAM WILLING TO TAKE AN ANIMAL WITH A FLAW BC I WANT TO BREED MY FIRST BREEDING AGE FEMALE TEGU THIS SEASON! The first tegu i got several years ago is finally ready to breed. I normally have no problem finding animals, I help others find animals/plants through JBW Exotics Group which I started as a free favor to the world. I have been doing it many years and there is a high chance that I have helped you or someone you know find something and have put hundreds of hours and/or dollars doing it. I WILL PAY SOMEONE THIS TIME TO HELP ME FIND A MALE ADULT TEGU AT A GOOD PRICE THIS TIME B/C I DIDNT HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY AN ADULT AT A GOOD PRICE WHEN I HAD THE CHANCE AND NOW I DO, BUT I DONT HAVE AS MUCH TIME TO SEARCH FOR ONE AS I USED TO. I JUST WANT TO SEE MY HOUSE FULL OF MY GRADBABY TEGUS FROM MY BABY WHITE NOSED B&W WHO IS SO SPOILED SHE SLEEPS WITHIN 3 FEET OF ME EVERY NIGHT BECAUSE I AM A TOTAL TEGU FANATIC! I got her for $60 with a stub tail and she turned out to be one of my best friends and the prettiest B&W I've ever seen in any book, picture, video, dream, etc. An animal does not have to be in A++++++ condition to be a great pet or breeder. I thought that would be common sense but I guess everyone else thinks a tegu has to be absolutly perfect in every way to be worth having. I figured all you who claim to be tegu lovers could understand that, but i guess not, so you have my total apology for posting this as well as my dissapointment/sorrow/pitty for obviously not having the same appreciation for tegus that I do. I would gladly take a tegu with its legs and tail cut off, ran over by a bus, and sick b/c I am willing to do whatever I have to to get it better. I would spend every minute of every day for as many days I have left to do so.
Strange_Evil said:
Little Wise Owl said:

x2^

JBW Exotics said:
I'm trying to get animals that others may not want b/c they are damaged, sick, etc. b/c this will be my first year with a female old enough to breed and I'm excited to see what my first babys will look like

Oh cool. This make's everything better,take a sick/stressed animal and breed it,no big deal..

Oh and congrats on the paper.

Kingwolf26

5 Year Member
this guy keeps changing his story. You basically want to take anything available, no matter what condition, a wreck of a tegu and breed to who knows what condition your current tegu is in, just to make money off of them. Don't give us your I am a biologist crap, I work for a university. You want to hoard some type of animal, do cats, they do well in sticky situations. if that dont work for you work at a humane society, maybe they will teach you something you havent learned yet, like not to breed sick animals

WildlifeLover429

This guy deffinatley sounds like a hoarder.... and anyone who wants to breed animals in horrible conditions is sick. Your no better than the people who run puppy mills... this is sick. Why dont you stop waisting your time becuase no one in their right mind here is going to sell you their tegu.

JBW Exotics

I never said anything about selling any babies, and I'm accused of being greedy and being a hoarder? I would never breed a sick animal, but if i got an animal that was sick or in bad shape i would do whatever i had to do get it well. Once it was well I would breed it. I posted this b/c I hardly ever see responses to a simple wanted ad, I used to see animals with missing tails, toes, bad tempers, etc. for a good deal that no one would buy, and since I'm saving my money to buy some incredible looking babies, I thought posting an ad like this would get responses from someone with a "damaged" tegu I could use as the male in the breeding project I am starting so I could save a little money to buy a nice female bearded b/c this will be my first year breeding them, and I have only one female. I've spent years devoting my time to creating new colors of quail with great success, and I want to create some new tegus and beardeds as well. I forgot about the fact that there is always other people on these forums who just have to be the better, smarter person who wants to make someone look bad before or without caring what reason the person who posted it had. I cant type fast and hate being on the computer so i posted a quick ad, not expecting any responses, then found out there were responses by getting an insulting email, and now i am being accused of total bs. And, by the way, the person working for a university (probably sitting at a desk or cleaning crap), I am working WITH them, volunteering my time and effort, because the professors asked me for help. I am asking for help an you twist something up this bad? An organism can be sick and get well hundreds of times before it gets to breed, its not damaged trash because it was sick or hurt once or twice before.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Unfortunately in this case they're going to do what they want to do regardless of what we say. They'll end up with another tegu and breed them eventually.
So,.. just remember their name for future reference when they have babies for sale. Or when someone else asks about them whether they're looking for a tegu or not.
The OP says it all,.. open casket,.. their following posts closed it and drove the nails in,.. what's done is done. For me any way .

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Im sorry but a tegu reaches breeding age at 2-3 yrs old...why do you belive your tegu just reached breeding age at 8 yrs. Old You dont appear to have enough knowledge on tegus to breed them, what would you plan on doing with 30+ tegus if you dont plan on selling Breeding should be left to people who have enough knowledge to do so and breed healthy animals and it appears that this is not the case. Btw please keep it civilized, i understand everyone is intitled to their opinion.

JBW Exotics

My female is a healthy B&W who is almost 3 years old with a pretty white nose. I want to breed her to see if I can get a white nose on another body color. Ive been selective breeding many species of both plants and animals for most of my life, with great results. Last year I created 4 new morphs in coturnix quail, and 2 new colors of water iris. I'd like to try my hand with beardeds and tegus this year, since I have been raising the few I have to get to the age to do so. 8 years ago I was into boids and panther chams, and had very little interest in breeding lizards so I dont see how anyone would think I had an 8 year old tegu.

Little Wise Owl

5 Year Member
Tegus are large. How are you planning on housing the offspring if you're not selling..?

And if you're getting into their genetics and specific visual traits, why wouldn't you contact the big-time tegu breeders and see if they can help you with what you need?

JBW Exotics

I will sell the ones i dont want to breed once they get old enough to see what they are going to be as adults, and i am building a lot of outdoor pens bc i live in AL, about 30 mins from agama int.I also have a 20x40ft building and a 40x60 ft one. I have a quail farm, raise several types of feeder insects, and live a few mins from a rabbit farm, and a cricket farm, so i have no problem feeding them. I wish I had gotten some from Bert, but my dad was murdered by an escaped convict @ the same time he died. I wasnt as into them as much then either, I was a snake guy but the mice and rats got to be too much of a problem to raise. The big timers are using thier adults for breeding right now. I normally have no problem finding adults, but when i need one it seems like all i can find is younger ones or ones that do not have good color.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
i think you should try to breed a tegu that is purple.that would be awesome.=]

AdrianPaul

I went to this guys website and it is full of pseudo-science- mambo jumbo. I love how he lists these "secret projects, that can not be disclosed at this time". Its like when a kid that thinks Star Trek or Star Wars is real and then tries to design experiments and talk about the science of fictional made up stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.