• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Any keepers?

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Not me but I am glad you thought his section would be a good add on!!! :) I did however see a Brown Recluse here in NJ once. I reported to an expert who came out to examine it and it was infact a Brown!! Thing scarred the crap out of me. They are hard to come by here because the pretty much is no established population of them in the region.

dorton

5 Year Member
Not sure if I have ever seen a brown recluse, but used to see 10 or more black widows a day back when I used to help a friend of mine. You would pick up a cinder block and it would 2 or 3 some times.

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have 6 species of tarantula and various insects. I used to keep more, but I've cut down.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The guy we got our Red Tegu from was bit by a Brown Recluse a couple of weeks earlier. He nearly died!! He was still going for treatments. It brought his cancer out of remission.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Our son got a Tailess Whip Scorpion at the last Herp show we went to. Damn thing is fast!!! And ugly! I haven't taken any pictures of it yet.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have never been big on keeping them, I do think some of them are real cool though.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
The guy we got our Red Tegu from was bit by a Brown Recluse a couple of weeks earlier. He nearly died!! He was still going for treatments. It brought his cancer out of remission.

Yeah, they are so freakin poisoness man. Sad to hear about the cancer though. It's crazy such lil things can pack such a powerful punch.

G

Been bit by 2 black widows (western widows) and a wolf spider. It sucks balls. When you're scared of spiders, that big friggin epinephrine shot scares you even more than the shock you're being treated for lol. The widows were funny. It hurt, but I didn't do anything til my buddy told me my arm kept twitching. LOL.

COWHER

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:

that friggen sucks big time :cry: :cry: I hope he gets better :?

mdmtmm

5 Year Member
My son always wants to check out the spiders and get one, but that has to be one of the biggest phobias for me. Just seeing the pictures of them posted gives me the chills. Safe to say there won't be one kept as long as he is under my roof! :wink:

HPB

5 Year Member
I can make a sweet header image for this site if you want me to.

Anyways this is my first post and what a better topic to handle. Here's one of my arachnids...a baby brazilian whiteknee t that's uber aggressive and I'm becoming more scared as she grows older.
molt.jpg

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've kept a Brazilian white knee. He wasn't aggressive, just very skittish and flicked hairs. He turned out to be male, so that was kind of disappointing.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
I used to keep spiders. I sold them off a few years ago and now I would like to get a Goliath Birder eater. Those things are cool. I raise all kinds of feeder insects. So I try to keep something that eats them.

G

We are! Right now we only have twelve, but I see that number growing at a rapid pace.

Here is what we currently have:

0.1.0 A. geniculata
0.0.1 A. avicularia
0.0.1 A. versicolor
0.0.1 B. boehmei
0.0.1 B. vagans
0.1.0 C. cyaneopubescens
0.0.1 C. fasciatum
1.0.0 G. pulchra
0.0.1 N. chromatus
0.0.1 P. irminia
0.0.1 P. formosa
0.0.1 P. regalis

spidersandmonsters

I have two Rosehairs and a Brazilian Giant b&w (as opposed to their smaller, more aggressive cousin, the whiteknee).. I've had two other Rosies in the past as well. I love my Rosies like children... and my birdeater like a cool uncle that I'm afraid might snap one day and kill me haha

jumper123

I have 2 types of tarantulas and 27 scorpions
ranging from emperors and gold scorpions
all the way to yellow and black fat tails and death stalkers!

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have a really docile rosehair (G. rosea), a few Emperor scorpions, and a Tanzanian whipscorpion (D. variegatus). They are all pretty interesting to keep and interact with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980