• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Any tegu cross owners out there?

joshandjack

5 Year Member
i do

i know that hybrids are looked down upon, but i really dont care i think they are cool, as long as they are healthy. anyway, i couldnt resist picking up a red x black and white from bert. its still a baby, so we will see how it turns out. by the way bobby awesome site your my role model. i know that ive never really talked to you in person, but everything i have seen and heard is positive, and i decided that im going to start using this forum, after all the crap, going on with rick on thetegu. anyways lets focus on the positive. i have noticed, that my red x black and white seems really similair to my blue tegu, in pattern and scalation, but not in color. i dont know if it would be considered immoral to breed a triple hybrid tegu but i would like to see if it could work. i know that blues have been crossed with reds before, so maybe it would be possible to breed one with a red x black and white. keep in mind i havnt come to any decisions yet. I dont know if it would be wrong but nonetheless i fear that the blue tegu species is terminal and that inbreeding is innevetable, so what could it hurt to do some hybridization and have some fresh blood. anyones opinion would be appreciated.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Anyone see the infamous Liger Tegu lurking out in the field??! I saw one once and nearly lost a limb. :p :p :p

Any pictures of hybrids?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have had them, I don't see them as a looked down upon tegu, I just choose to keep mine pure as I can. But I think some of them really look awesome!!

Red x Blue:

redblue002.jpg

redblue007.jpg

redblue010.jpg

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
what about fertility issues? any known? I know with alot of hybrids they are often sterile.

COWHER

5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
I have had them, I don't see them as a looked down upon tegu, I just choose to keep mine pure as I can. But I think some of them really look awesome!!

Red x Blue:

redblue002.jpg

redblue007.jpg

redblue010.jpg

I love the red blue cross breeds the are so beautiful :D

mdmtmm

5 Year Member
Does anyone have a pic of an adult B&W/Red cross? I was looking into these as well but would like to see what the color may turn out to be in the long run.

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I must admit, I like the way the crosses look.

I think Bert has more cross pics.

greentriple

5 Year Member
V - that is is a beautiful Tegu, I'd love to know how we can get our hands on one of them. Is there anyone who is intentionally breeding mixes?

pbexotics

5 Year Member
looking for hybrids, I breed Blue Red crosses.
swbrat just got one from me.
I also have an adult pair from St.Pierre.

gotta love'em

aj12790

5 Year Member
Cool an adult pr.Can you post a pic and have you bred the adult pr?I would like to know if the crossbreeding causes them to be sterile.Thanks...........

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I did not get that one from Ron, i got it in on a trade somewhere, I don't even remember the deal now. You know how it is when your getting old, well maybe not, most of you are very young.

I do remember him being quite mean, and a real cage trasher. He was very pretty though.

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Here are some pics off my two blue/red hybrid Tegus ( brother and sister ).I'm going to take some new pics soon.

Schatzi ( our female ).She has more of the powder blue on her than he does.

SS852242.jpg

Schpatzi ( our male ).

SS852159.jpg

SS852161.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980