• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

anyone try this?

N8bub

I was at petco the other day picking up food for the pooches and walked by the frozen food area and saw this.
20150115_174928.jpg
20150115_175050.jpg
20150115_175323.jpg

N8bub

Easy way to get some whole prey diet diversity. They also had chicken, turkey, and lamb. The bites are small enough to give to the smallest gus or give abunch to the bigguns. Just the fact that raw whole ground prey is available for 99% of the members within a short drive and at a reasonable price I thought was cool. So in short if you're not already giving whole prey, no excuses, get on the bus!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I haven't tried it but that looks like a decent addition to have around. It's always funny to me that they add montmorillonite clay to products like these. I guess it's a binder?

marydd

Was at the pet store and picked up a tiny bag. I will see if my gu likes it. The clay was the only questionable ingredient that I saw. This will make a quick easy meal if I don't have time to make my tegu dinner! Thank you for sharing.

Jackie & Hellboy

The clay, Apple cider vinegar, and ground flax seed is what I'd be concerned about. I don't see it containing a high amount of any of these and I'm sure feeding youngsters 2 times weekly and maybe once a week for full adults would be fine. I would avoid the beef one and stick with chicken, turkey, and I'd get one bag of lamb per year or maybe twice, makes a good treat style food since they'd more than likely not get to eat off of an animal this size often in the wild. That's why I would avoid the beef.

Jackie & Hellboy

Duck sounds like a great option as well. Dark meat is better in my opinion for animals, humans have taken a liking to white meat and have bred and altered our captive chickens and turkeys to carry significant amounts of white meat over dark meat. Duck is also delicious to me as well :)

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
Natures Variety & Primal are the only 2 brands of store-bought raw foods I'd use, others such as Pet Deli or Deli Fresh are crap. Nothing wrong with adding a little bit of this for some variety, but shouldn't be a staple. My tegus love it, especially the rabbit and pheasant formulas.

The clay is added for so called removing of toxins which is sort of myth because toxins don't build up in the body like these products say they do, our livers and kidneys do that, if we really did build up toxins in our body you'd be dead after a year. Lol but, small amount won't hurt by any means. Actually a lot of parrot owners add this clay to their diets as its supposed to help remove toxins that can cause chronic feather picking. but.... again, its kind of a sales gimmick.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wayneboy88