• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Appetite update!!!

jmiles50

5 Year Member
Well, I've been listening to everyone's advise on feeding variety. I'm feeding all the fruit i can think of, plus all the meats and such(turkey,chx,beef liver,chx live). It's been 3 weeks without any hibernation and she still wont eat. I feel like I'm starving her. I've given 1 mouse in the 3 weeks to see if she'll get hungry enough to eat something else, but it's not working!!!! Do I continue to starve her :?: :?: :bang

brianratm

5 Year Member
How skinny is she getting? Mine won't go into full hibernation and has let itself get way too skinny. I'm taking it to the Vet on Tuesday.

Beasty

5 Year Member
I'd say if that's ALL it will eat then go with what you know, just not more than like once every 5 days or so. Here's an idea, if you're worried about fur impaction try feeding hairless mice or rats.(you could possibly feed more often then without worry) The only thing that won't get used there is the teeth because of the enamel! Good luck!

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No, don't starve her. There is no reason for it. Did you ever try reducing the lights to promote a hibernation? If you continue to not feed her with full lights and temps on 12 hour cycles she will loose weight to an unhealthy level. Go to the vet if you need to.

jmiles50

5 Year Member
Yeah, I tried reducing the lighting, but it didn't work. She's just extemely picky! I'm gonna go get her some mice when I wake up. I guess if thats all she'll eat, that's what I'll give her :!:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029