• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Aquarium Cover

NickBoudin

5 Year Member
Hey guys, I have an aquarium that is 24 inches tall, 18 inches wide, and 30 inches long. I would like to be able to mount my heatlamp inside of my enclosure to keep the basking temps up, since it's such a tall tank. (It's what I have for now, until I build a plywood corner enclosure once I save a bit). It's going to be for a baby B&W argentine.

My basic question is, Can I just use like, plywood? What about ventilation? Could I cut a square out, and put some aluminum window screen and some trim around it?

Thanks!
Nick

AB^

5 Year Member
Have you tried using a tight beam bulb? That's probably your best option. That size cage isnt going to last a hatchling argentine long enough to put all kinds of effort into rigging up a top for it.

AB^

5 Year Member
and now that I think about you can always build the substrate up higher so it pushes everything closer to the bulb

Gx3

5 Year Member
You can always get a higher wattage bulb too. A 160W Powersun would probably be fine.

NickBoudin

5 Year Member
It's not that, I just need to think of a way to stop the tegu from escaping! Haha :) feel like if the lamp was inside the tank, i could also keep heat in much better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me