• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Arcadia Bulbs Now Available in the US, Canada & Latin America

Venutus1

LightYourReptiles.com is pleased to anounce they have the full line of T8 AND THE NEW HO T5 UVA/B Bulbs from Arcadia UK.

Imported Direct from England, these *Fantastic* flo. bulbs come in 5.0,6.0,10.0 and 12.0 strengths.

Also available are the new Arcadia Mercury Vapor bulvs in 80w, 100w and 160w. They come in 230Volts .... so these mercury vapor bulbs actually work!:D

Available for Zoos and Herpetological institutions, we have professional grade UVA/B Full Spectrum lighting systems and HO LED Options.

LightYourReptiles.com has single bulb, double bulb and the new QUAD Bulb HO T5 fixtures to get some REAL LIGHT on your animals.

Feel free to call or e-mail for more info: [email protected]
Thank you!
Cheers!
Todd
[attachment=5663][attachment=5664][attachment=5665][attachment=5666][attachment=5667]

Attachments

• 160 w Bulb.jpg
    160 w Bulb.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 5
  • mv kits 110v to  220v arcadia.jpg
    mv kits 110v to 220v arcadia.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Arcadia_logo goodxxxx.jpg
    Arcadia_logo goodxxxx.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Arcadia testing combo.jpg
    Arcadia testing combo.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 160 w 16.jpg
    160 w 16.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 3

KritterKeeper

Just wanted to say ive ordered a couple bulbs and a fixture from you and ive been very happy with everything (and i was impressed with how well you pack things for shipping) . Ill def. be buying more from you in the future.
Very nice guy to deal with! =)

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Wat his the price and do I need a special fixture for a mvb

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Venutus1

KritterKeeper said:
Just wanted to say ive ordered a couple bulbs and a fixture from you and ive been very happy with everything (and i was impressed with how well you pack things for shipping) . Ill def. be buying more from you in the future.
Very nice guy to deal with! =)

Aww shucks ... thank you. I am blushing. :)

hmmm....I think it may have been you who recommended I check out this forum ?? ... anyway, I am glad I did!

I actually had Tegus (and ameivas) back in the "dark ages" in the 80's (gawd, I am so old. LOL)
and I AM SO Glad that the care and education on them, and all herps, has advanced so much due to great forums like this one!

Cheers! and Thank you!
Sincerely,
Todd
[email protected]
www.lightyourreptiles.com

chitodadon said:
Wat his the price and do I need a special fixture for a mvb

Bulbs only -
100 Watt 37.99
160 watt 39.99

It is all here in the kit for 139.99
You can go with the kit...Unless you happen to have a 110v to 230v up converter hanging around. Some folks do!
;)

http://lightyourreptiles.com/zoomedposun1.html

Because the bulbs actually last and cost less... you save money in the long run with the TRUE European 230v MV bulbs!:D
No Chineese junk.

Thank you.
Todd
[attachment=5672]

Attachments

• mv bu1b.jpg
    mv bu1b.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 3

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks Todd for sponsoring TeguTalk and providing these great products to our members

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
That's wat I want to know and y do I need a Converter and the whole package y I can't just buy the mvb bulb

Skeetzy

Because they are 230v's. Our outlets only output 110v. They won't run properly. You can always go with the tube version, and a regular halogen or spot light for the basking spot.

I have no personal experience, but I've read up a lot on them from the bearded dragon forums. Almost everyone who switched to these reports a more active beardie, and much better coloring comes out.

Also, might want to fix that link for the bulb kit. Link says it's for a zoomed power sun. Slightly deceiving

Venutus1

Steven. said:
hmmmmm i wonder how these compare to the powersun...

Hi Steven,

Please let me just say this...

I have sold PowerSun for the past year and a half.
And finally decided I had to discontinue the Power Suns because I was LOSING too much money having to replace bulbs.

Frankly, I got more returns of "dud" bulbs and unhappy customers than I could deal with.

I started discussing options with Arcadia.
They even tried to make a 110v Version of their 230v Bulb for LightYourReptiles.com and the US market.

This has been an on-going R&D project for at least the past 11 months.

They even had noted experts independently testing the batches of these 110v bulbs that were made in 110v versions.

BUT unfortunately-
NONE of the versions made up in 110v were coming out the high quality that everyone wanted.

It just was not going to work in 110v
To create a HIGH ENOUGH QUALITY Mercury Vapor Bulb in 110v to move forward with.

And they had the best German company working on it, btw.

(Which makes me NOW wonder what some other companies are "foisting" on the American Public with their 110v bulbs??)

This in part is due to the simple fact that 110v is *almost* too low a voltage to make a Mercury Vapor bulbs that hold up well and work as well as the 230v European counterparts.
FYI side note. I have the new 80w 230v merc vapor bulb... and that size cannot be even made in 110v because the 110v does not have enough juice to ignite a smaller merc vapor bulb.

(*e-hem*
Case in point:
Remember the whole Solr Rptr / Mga Rae debacle ?? The euro versions of the bulbs worked great... but when somebody tried to partner up to bring the Solar Raptor Bulbs to the US in 110v... well ... we all know what happened to that company.:-/ :s )

So...
Thinking out-side the box as often I do...:)
I figured,
to heck with it...
I will just import the original Arcadia 230v Mercury Vapor Bulbs for the North American Market anyway!
Why try and re-invent the wheel!??

Especially since these are such a GREAT PRICE for the bulbs!
(35.99 - 39.99):heart:

The only holdback the was finding a great quality Step Up converter to "mate" them up to to use with them as a kit.

So I set out testing different models and brands of those and found a GREAT Converter that I could sell to POWER-UP these Arcadia European Mercury Vapor Lamps !

Cheers!
Todd
[attachment=5674]
[attachment=5675]
[attachment=5676]

Skeetzy said:
Because they are 230v's. Our outlets only output 110v. They won't run properly. You can always go with the tube version, and a regular halogen or spot light for the basking spot.

I have no personal experience, but I've read up a lot on them from the bearded dragon forums. Almost everyone who switched to these reports a more active beardie, and much better coloring comes out.

Also, might want to fix that link for the bulb kit. Link says it's for a zoomed power sun. Slightly deceiving

Hi Skeezzy

"Because they are 230v's. Our outlets only output 110v. They won't run properly. You can always go with the tube version, and a regular halogen or spot light for the basking spot."

First...

That is why I sell them in a KIT with an up-converter/ ballast...
Then they do run PERFECTLY.:idea:
As it is all explained in great detail in this post and on the web-site.;)

Secondly:

"Also, might want to fix that link for the bulb kit. Link says it's for a zoomed power sun. Slightly deceiving"

I am not deceiving anybody, and thank you for pointing it out to me!
I discontinued the power suns and used their slot on my web-site to load these into before waiting for my web-site guy to do it for me!
I was so excited to get these up!
And I do not know how to change that "back end" coding without my web-site guys help! He is away this weekend.

So thank you for pointing this out.:D

Todd

chitodadon said:
That's wat I want to know and y do I need a Converter and the whole package y I can't just buy the mvb bulb

Hi Chitodadon,
Yes. That is the thing...
You do need to spring for a converter. :-/
But it still saves money in the long run....
Since the 230v bulbs last longer, have a lower failure rate and cost less. :)
Cheers!
Todd

PS.
Or you can just go with the Arcadia Fantastic HO T5's!

Some folks are using these over Mercury Vapors now days anyway!
[attachment=5677]

Attachments

• 160 w 16.jpg
    160 w 16.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 100 w 12.jpg
    100 w 12.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 80 w 12.jpg
    80 w 12.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 2
  • ho t5\'s.jpg
    ho t5\'s.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 3

Skeetzy

Oh I know! Was just informing him about the difference and the need for the up converter. And the link was just constructive criticism. I know you're not trying to deceive anyone, I just always seem to notice silly little things like that.

Venutus1

Skeetzy said:
Oh I know! Was just informing him about the difference and the need for the up converter. And the link was just constructive criticism. I know you're not trying to deceive anyone, I just always seem to notice silly little things like that.

thats fine..please don't worry-I did not take offense.

now ...how do i fix that link i wonder :huh:.

I am not new to herps*... but just new to this forum.

you will find I have quite a good sense of humor!:p

(* I am sure I had tegus before most of you all were born! aaaahhh:D
back as far as the late 70's & early 80's. I am an old duffer!)

Cheers!
Todd

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Lol I'm slow and lost

I'm going to get the whole kit soon we r struggling in NY right now since the hurricane and now we r expecting a snow storm its crazy

Venutus1

chitodadon said:
Lol I'm slow and lost

I'm going to get the whole kit soon we r struggling in NY right now since the hurricane and now we r expecting a snow storm its crazy

I am so sorry to hear that!
But you New Yorkers are tough!
You will pull thru!
We only got hit with a little bit of Sandy here in Maine... we were lucky.
I wish you all the best and let me know when you are ready!
Most Sincerely,
Todd

Skeetzy

Re: RE: Arcadia Bulbs Now Available in the US, Canada & Latin America

Venutus1 said:
Skeetzy said:

thats fine..please don't worry-I did not take offense.

now ...how do i fix that link i wonder :huh:.

I am not new to herps*... but just new to this forum.

you will find I have quite a good sense of humor!:p

(* I am sure I had tegus before most of you all were born! aaaahhh:D
back as far as the late 70's & early 80's. I am an old duffer!)

Cheers!
Todd

I'm not sure what Web commerce site you use for your website, if one at all. When I was helping run a paintball website, it was as simple as going to the item on the commerce page, and changing one of the fields. More than likely labeled URL. It's been a couple years though, and I know not everyone uses commerce sites. If yours is built from the ground up, I would leave it to your tech guy hahah. Computer coding is basically a different language, and there are several different coding styles. Not something I would mess with without knowing what style and how to code.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980