• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Are there any states that have outlaw Tegus?

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've tried to look this up via US fish and wild life and USDA and can not get an answer. So i was wondering if any one knows if there is a state that has banned Tegus... or possibly counties as i know some ban certain pets (like San Fran and constirctors).

I'm lookin to moving out of state for either school or find better work. I just want to know if there are places i should avoid as i love my tegus and they will be moving with me.

Any help would be great!

Terry

5 Year Member
Im not sure about a ban on tegu;s but lizards in general in some places that are over 2 meters are more likly to be banned.

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
Ive seen a list on large lizards it included croc monitors , nile monitors , savannah monitors , green iggys and spiney tailed iggys. this was lizards on the proposed list to be banned in florida . they got plenty living wild in florida. but I know here in PA where i live the only herp that is banned is european lizards [lacertas] they have scattered populations of the green lacerta where i live. best thing to do call your local fish and boat commission or state representative office.
jd

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan