• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

are these rare?

Jer723

5 Year Member
i dont know but this guy wants 300 bucks for this tegu, a paraguan tegu, never even heard of one, whats their temperament like? theres an add on kingsnake.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=53&de=687972" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=53&de=687972</a><!-- m -->

Jerry

Tux

5 Year Member
Paraguayan Tegu's are rufescens just like Bobby's reds. I've never seen a difference and think it's a ploy for $.

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
100% agree with Tux, looks no different than a regular red tegu that isnt a high contrast so to speak...seems to be a 100% marketing ploy but I could be wrong.

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
Most places in canada would charge 300 for a red tegu anyway. Paraguay tegus are the same species as Argentine, just their from Paraguay. There is really no other difference that I know of.

Tux

5 Year Member
dragonqueen4 said:
Most places in canada would charge 300 for a red tegu anyway. Paraguay tegus are the same species as Argentine, just their from Paraguay. There is really no other difference that I know of.

I hope when you say Argentine you mean the reds and not the B&W's (otherwise you would be wrong). Any Red may be from Paraguay, no way exists to tell the exact location of a Reds linage without being the person whom caught it (or its parents if it is CB). It is a marketing ploy. As Bobby put it:

"Argentine Red tegus can be found in W. Argentina, Chaco, Cordoba, San Luis, La Pampa, Paraguay, Brazil (Parana), Bolivia (Beni, Santa Cruz, Tarija) La Rioja, San Juan, and Mendoza. Some of the common names for this tegu are Argentine Red Tegu, Red Tegu, Teju, Paraguay Red Tegu, and Roter Teju."

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
well, I was referring to the reds, as that was the one in Jers post... however..I have seen b/w paraguay tegus for sale

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.captiveherps.com/gallery/6731722_C6ayY#505845221_C9CY6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.captiveherps.com/gallery/673 ... 5221_C9CY6</a><!-- m -->

check out the 2nd and 3rd pic in the last row.. i was told by the owner it is a long term captive paraguay b/w..?

Tux

5 Year Member
Yes B&Ws share much of the same distribution as Reds including Paraguay, again since no way exists to prove that a tegu is from a specific location without some physical difference between animals of different locations it's all marketing, when a difference exists then it is not marketing. I could say any red or B&W was from Paraguay it doesn't mean it is true nor would it make the animal any different than one from Argentina.

When I said: "I hope when you say Argentine you mean the reds and not the B&W's (otherwise you would be wrong)." I was making reference to your "Paraguay tegus are the same species as Argentine" comment.

bubbategu2

5 Year Member
The Paraguans I've seen are always red (I've never seen a B/W one) but a lot browner tone. They're pretty but not very colorful. And I've never seen one for more money than a red usually goes for , so I would say that one is a little high priced. But supply and demand-who would have thought a single blue adult would go for $700?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.