• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

attacking socks

nivek5225

5 Year Member
I am planning on getting a blue tegu this coming season and was wondering if they attack your feet when you are wearing socks thinking they are mice?

EG6

5 Year Member
well not really...mine dont attack my feet..i walk by his tanks all da time wit socks.. and nothing really happens..

and then again it all depends on ur tegu..

Azaleah

5 Year Member
Though my tegu has shown interest in balled up socks, it never seemed like he wanted to eat them. If your feet get bitten, it would probably be more a sign of aggression. Tegus test for food using more scent and taste, and unless you're playing footsie with mice, I think your socks should be safe.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Our Blues have never gone after socks but our big male Red will try to eat almost anything soft. Tonight he ate a pile of turkey & fruit and then tried to eat a scarf!! Now that he's out of hibernation he's back to his usual perpetually hungry self!

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Two of mine will drag socks around and play with them (dirty or clean, doesn't matter). They also like to attack dish towels, dog/cat toys, tennis balls, and hide inside of shoes. All of them show an interest in our toes, one of them is interested enough to scare the crap out of us. :) So, we're just careful, but we still walk around in bare feet. But if you see that one look at your pink toes with a gleam in its eye....better move your feet!

ashesc212

5 Year Member
My blue is dog tame ... he doesn't attack feet or anything like that. He'll even climb up my leg to come see me if he is on the floor. BUT - he likes to attack the cat's tails if they get too close!

Dave - That's awesome that your red is awake!

nivek5225

5 Year Member
Thanks for the replies everyone!

Dave, when should your blues start breeding... if they do? I'm really hoping to get one!!! :fc :fc :fc

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Don't feed it live mice and it wont associate movement with food, also just pay attention to its body language. Also jsut dont wiggle your toes around like a mouse.

Their smart, they figure out that its not food after a a little while.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me