• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

B&W argentine tegu

White_Lotus

5 Year Member
Now i would absolutely LOVE a varnyard tegu but due to some thefts i don't have the money for one anymore and thanks to AT&T i won't be abel to buy one until next years batch but by then my present tegu will be huge and i wont be making them room mates...so i'm looking to buy anyones tegu who is in good health and they arent charging 150...maybe thats too much to ask but i figured what do i got to lose :fc

AWD247

5 Year Member
I've seen a few hatchlings on Kingsnake.com from $50-$90+ shipping and up, mind you.. I'd persoanlly wait to get one from Bobby, but if $$ is tight, and your willing to give a good home to an animal reguardless of who its from, maybe that might work for you.

Jer723

5 Year Member
AWD247 said:
I've seen a few hatchlings on Kingsnake.com from $50+ shipping and up, mind you.. I'd persoanlly wait to get one from Bobby, but if $$ is tight, and your willing to give a good home to an animal reguardless of who its from, maybe that might work for you.

yea but also just like bobby said you may have to pay 150 for one of his black and whites but buying one from a crappy breeder for 50 bucks will cost you more in the longrun, when you have to pay for those vet bills!!! :nono

White_Lotus

5 Year Member
i've read many review from those 50-90 black and whites..those places are grungy, don't take proper care of their animals, and don't even package them correctly..a friend of mine bought 2 snakes from Off The Ark because they are cheap...when he got them they had scale rot and mouth rot...so buying from kingsnake isn't going to happen...i will be paying more in vet bills but i would rather not wait until my present tegu is pushing 40inches to buy her a roommate ya know what i'm sayin?? its just frustrating that people have to steal from me =( when most people just have to ask...

AWD247

5 Year Member
Yea I understand about Kingsnake, I was just offering you an option according to what you mentioned time and $$ wise, your kinda stuck in a hard place cause any quality Argentine tegu will run you $150 easy.
Sorry to hear about your current situation, hope it workouts for you.

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
Well reptiledepot.com sells black and whites for 90 dollars plus 30 dollars shipping. Thier probably alot better than kingsnake.

AWD247

5 Year Member
The $90 place I was referencing was Reptile Depot, lol there on Kingsnake, there a really good place Ive never had a problem with them, alot of people dislike kingsnake (which is understandable, its not as trust worthy as it used to be 10 years ago, neither is your local pet shop) but there "are" still good people on there, you just need to make sure you do proper research and find out who your ordering from, everyone has history/references. Just do your homework, dont just let price dictate what you buy.

My wife couldnt belive I was buying a $350 baby tegu, shes only been around $20 savannahs, $50 beardeds etc. But the quality of animals from people like Bobby, Sisco, Dave, etc.. are more than worth it,.

Best advice to make a long story short, research your buyer and history of the animal/ parents, if you cant get that info to your liking, move on to someone else.

Edit: Sorry for my rant and becoming slightly off topic but, its also to make sure that everyone understands that a low priced animal doesnt constitute it as a problematic animal just becareful when choosing, Ive seen bogus breeders pushing $300+ animals in bad conditions, who shouldnt even be allowed to own reptiles.
If someone who unfortunately is not able to afford to buy from a breeder we would consider the best, there has to be options they can resort to.

throneofjade

5 Year Member
I agree with AWD247 Bobby takes pride in his tegus and you want to make sure that whoever is selling them takes pride too. A well handled animal is much different from a poor handled animal. Believe me I would know.

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
Well I agree with everyone in saying you should buy from Bobby because he does sell good quality tegus and he takes pride and puts alot of work into his animals. But I also understand that sometimes you just don't have it and you have to take what you can get. I could barely afford to put in 150 for my tegu but that's because I was stocking up on food and supplies. I think that depending on how fast you can get some money, you should wait a bit until you have the 150, Bobby may have some left. But there is nothing wrong with taking in or "rescuing" a sub par animal, as long as you realize that you might have to work a little bit harder with it and spend a bit more for it... IMO

PS: just put in the money for my B&W super excited :woot

White_Lotus

5 Year Member
I do understand where everyone coming from with Bobby's tegus..and believe me i have talked to him a few times he and i both know i really want one of his Gus but i highly doubt the price is anything close to negotiable...i would like to have one on hold and place payments on it but i don't think it can work that way...i say i want to make payments just so i can have one at least on reserve if everyone else buys them all...to be honest and not to put it in sucha negative manner but i don't have the resources to deal with someone elses mistake...thats why i'm not just buying one of the 120 tegus i want something alrdy healthy and eating..not something that is dying and needs 100 vet visits...

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
White_Lotus said:
I do understand where everyone coming from with Bobby's tegus..and believe me i have talked to him a few times he and i both know i really want one of his Gus but i highly doubt the price is anything close to negotiable...i would like to have one on hold and place payments on it but i don't think it can work that way...i say i want to make payments just so i can have one at least on reserve if everyone else buys them all...to be honest and not to put it in sucha negative manner but i don't have the resources to deal with someone elses mistake...thats why i'm not just buying one of the 120 tegus i want something alrdy healthy and eating..not something that is dying and needs 100 vet visits...

Well buying a tegu from somewhere else dosn't necesarily garantee that it will be in terrible condition. But there is a higher chance it could be. Everyone here hasn't baught thier tegus from bobby but most have. Im not trying to offend Bobby or anything like that but, If you descide to get a tegu from someone else i don't think its anybodys job to say you can't just realize there might be risk. Your just reaching into a bag and hoping for the best. But it's your choice agian.

White_Lotus

5 Year Member
yes and thats the risk i dont really want to take...thats wy i posted here to see if anyone here has a tegu that they are selling...but so far i've got nothing =(

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
well there seems to alot of bedroom breeders selling argentines for 50 bucks. sounds good But the quality and health cant be sure of. with buying GUs from Bobby you get great GUs and customer service and support on this forum. so think and make your decision.
JD

White_Lotus

5 Year Member
i completely understand what i'm getting when i buy from Bobby but unless we can negotiate a lower price i can't buy from him

i worry about bedroom breeders...

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
I have seen some people selling thier tegus on here check the classified section. You can always just wait until next year. But that is a long time and I understand it can be a pain waiting that long. I would email Bobby and maybe you can reserve one and pay the rest when you can get it(as long as its not like 6months from now).

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
White_Lotus said:
i completely understand what i'm getting when i buy from Bobby but unless we can negotiate a lower price i can't buy from him

i worry about bedroom breeders...

Call Bobby up im sure he will work with you. 850-215-7308

bedroom breeders destroy the hobby out for a buck smucks

White_Lotus

5 Year Member
its not that i don't want to wait for one(trust me i would)but in a year i won't have for another 20gal tank...i clocked the growth of my present tegu and if Bobby's tegus grow as fast as mine does in maybe 5 months time i will be able to room both of my tegus together...but if i wait until next year it could take maybe a year to get them in same range of size =( i don't have that kind of space(8ft long cage + 7ft long cage + 3ft long cage not ot mention the width)

White_Lotus

5 Year Member
that would pretty much be the size difference between my present tegu and a hatchling...i'm just worried that mine would eat it =(...iwill call him though i really do hope he can work with me my tegu's behavior has gone down since she started living alone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029