• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

b/w , red ,or EXTREME tegu

jjollie

5 Year Member
ok I just got a b/w and I already want another tegu even though I hardly see the one I got now cause all it does is sleep. but any way I have been e-mailing back and forth to bobby about the red tegus but the EXTREMES sound very interesting so what do you out here on the mighty tegutalk think red or EXTREME or another b/w? and by the way thanks bobby for your e-mails back to me you seem like a good person to get tegus from

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You are more than welcome!! My choice is the Extremes if you have the extra room, but thats just me. :)

jjollie

5 Year Member
I can make room but could the exterme live with a b/w or would you have to have a different cage?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It could live with the one you have now, but not as a hatchling, as adults they would be fine.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well my favorite tegu is the Extremes, for size and color, also the 6 I held back are very tame.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You tell me, lol : <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HTMTq05Uzo">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HTMTq05Uzo</a><!-- m -->

jjollie

5 Year Member
thanks for the info I got a pic of my b/w tonight cause it came out of it's hide but I cannot find away to get it on this post

COWHER

5 Year Member
I would decide between size and color. you know that they will both be nice tame tegus but do you want a tegu that gets as big as the extremes or do you like the size of the normals also you need to think about color. do you like the peachy look that the Extremes have of do you like the white color that the normals have? I chose to get a extreme because I love the size of them I would rather have the color of a black and white but to me the size and sheer fact that the extremes are so dang cool just one me over.. What are the things you like about each kind?

COWHER

5 Year Member
Shaylah said:
Sorry to come from no where/hijack this thread

But what is exactly is an EXTREME?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13">http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13</a><!-- m -->

ZEKE

5 Year Member
awesome video Varnyard!! are the extreme babies the same size as the normal babies?

i like the extremes and the b/w. im not sure why but reds just dont look as cool to me.

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
i would go for a red, i love hybrids for some reason
and whoever has youtube, can you please subscribe to DaveVicious, not to hijack this thread but.......

Swtbrat

5 Year Member
These are my 4 tegus,this pic was taken about 3 weeks ago to show size differences at 6 months.
All 4 of those tegus were born in July 2007.

Big guy is a Extreme,B&W on his tail and Red and Blue cross on his neck and of course the Red in the middle.
The two little ones did hibernate and still are hibernating but the extreme and red have not.
Just saying it will only matter if you want a giant tegu or not,be prepared for the size.
I personnaly like reds best!

Dec302007Tegus.jpg

Brat!

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
jjollie said:
thanks for the info I got a pic of my b/w tonight cause it came out of it's hide but I cannot find away to get it on this post

Create a photobucket account, upload your pic there, and then copy and paste the image code here!
I made an account a long time ago so I could do just that.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ZEKE said:
awesome video Varnyard!! are the extreme babies the same size as the normal babies?

No the Extremes are larger right out of the shell, also the egg weight is much higher, about 10 grams larger.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan