• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

baby diet

mikecrowder23

5 Year Member
I've read that tegus are voracious eaters, but my little fella eats but not very much. He's around 3 months old and about 14". I'm new to caring for these little guys so i was hoping for some input from the "pros".

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
Well, it is winter right now therefore they will either slow down eating or stop completely because of either hibernation or brumation. But when the spring and summer months roll around again you should feed it crickets, superworms, pinky/fuzzy mice1-3 times a week depending on how available they are to you, ground turkey, basically meats and whole prey, there is a food list for tegus somewhere on here. Tegus eat a ton and basically anything, for their first year id say lots of protein and some fat (from rodents) and on the insects i sprinle calcium on them. Just make sure your temps and UV is good, thats the most important part. As he/she gets bigger you can venture into diff kinds of food and throw out the insects for the most part, they tend to take too many to fill them up at a larger size.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me