• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

baby tegu at pet store?

kparker

5 Year Member
I am looking for a baby Argentine in my area and I went to a pet store yesterday to check out what they had. They had a cute baby, but it had something weird going on with the scales on his head. The scales had little indentations almost what a corkboard looks like after you've poked a thumb tack into it, only smaller. The owner said that was natural and that it would go away in a few sheds. You guys know what that was? Was it natural? If I'm going to chuck out $150 I want my little guy to be flawless! But if I've overreacting just let me know! Thanks.

Tux

5 Year Member
You could get one of bobbys for that which includes shipping. I'm not exactly sure what your describing though maybe someone else can grasp it.

ierowe

5 Year Member
This is gonna sound a bit redundant. GET ONE OF BOBBY'S before its too late. I have been looking at reptiles for a long time. I decided that a tegu was for me, then from there I was directed to Bobby cuz darn it he has the best Argentines ANYWHERE. I actually had a rescued tegu(owner threw him in the trash) and gave him to a great home. This year I ordered one of Varnyard Herps Treasures. If you are looking at a tegu that looks "weird" and still costs $150 you can erase all doubts with on of Bobby's Tegus. Patience will pay off.

Red Earth Exotics

5 Year Member
definitely agree. if you are planning on paying $150 anyway, go with Bobby. check and see if he has any reserves available still. it will be worth the wait, don't get suckered into the pet-shop impulse buy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan