• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Baby tegu won't eat!! Please help

brazilman93

5 Year Member
I just got my baby Argentine tegu 2 days ago, from bobby hill. The tegu itself looks healthy and is very tame. I have tried feeding him ground Turkey, pinky mice, super worms, and crickets. I have seen him drink water. But he spends most of his day burrowed in the substrate, i would say he spends about 90% of day burrowed. What should i do, any advice is gladly accepted.

housing info

1) forty gallon breeder with screen locking lid
2) 100 watt power sun mercury vapor bulb for the basking spot/uva/uvb
3) 3-4 inches of cypress mulch as substrate
4) I mist his cage every morning and towels over part of the screen lid to trap in the humidity.
5) fresh water every morning

Please help or give advice

isdrake

5 Year Member
Don't worry, the Tegus is probably just a little stressed from moving to a new home. Give him/her some time to adjust...

What's the humidity? You said you mist it every day but that doesn't say anything. You should measure it.

evergreen44

5 Year Member
Hey that's the same thing happened to mine... just wondering if this is normal at this time? but the basking temp is 110 and cool side is 85 but she's still burrow herself....

someone helpe us to understand this please.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me