• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Baby Tegu

Wildanimalgal

My little one ate his first pinky mouse a few days ago and I haven’t seen him come out of hiding in a while. Should I be worried? All my temps are right and he has a schedule for lights... I’m kinda worried, it’s not like him usually to stay hidden. But I usually don’t feed him mice either.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If temps are good, don't worry. Make sure he has plenty of wYer and dust his food heavily with calciu. AND fish oil.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
OK Godzilla - how can he be digesting his food he never ate? :oops:

Where are you Godzilla??? Come back! (sorry, Godzilla is our resident whiz-kid at all of 12 yrs old)

We get this question all the time, and normally it's the same answer.... the new animal is adjusting to it's new digs, and eating very little. As he starts to trust his environment more, he'll come out and start exploring and eating more.

You sound like you're doing a great job! If it's his first pinkie, he may just take a little longer to digest it. All in all, it's a great sign that he's eating. Lots of new owners go through nightmares because their animal won't eat at all. I'd stick with the frozen/thawed pinkies, and go with Walter1's advice. Dust with calcium and a squirt of fish oil. Yum.

Godzilla Earth

OK Godzilla - how can he be digesting his food he never ate? :oops:

Where are you Godzilla??? Come back! (sorry, Godzilla is our resident whiz-kid at all of 12 yrs old)

We get this question all the time, and normally it's the same answer.... the new animal is adjusting to it's new digs, and eating very little. As he starts to trust his environment more, he'll come out and start exploring and eating more.

You sound like you're doing a great job! If it's his first pinkie, he may just take a little longer to digest it. All in all, it's a great sign that he's eating. Lots of new owners go through nightmares because their animal won't eat at all. I'd stick with the frozen/thawed pinkies, and go with Walter1's advice. Dust with calcium and a squirt of fish oil. Yum.
I’m here, I have no idea why I said that. I’ve been doing online school, trying to get my dog walking business going, and catching snakes nearby(check my new album herping nearby) so sry if I haven’t been around. I do check everyday though for replies.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I’m here, I have no idea why I said that. I’ve been doing online school, trying to get my dog walking business going, and catching snakes nearby(check my new album herping nearby) so sry if I haven’t been around. I do check everyday though for replies.

You can't go away just because you are close to 13 yrs now. Where are you doing online school?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced