• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Baby tegu's rescue

CAMILA LOPES

story.php

Hello, guys!
My cat has captured this baby yesterday. Luckily it was unharmed. I released it from her terrible jaws and took him someplace else, where I think it be ok.

Gary

Hi Camila-

Kind intentions on your part. If you live in Florida, they should not be released as they are exotic and have no real predators of their own and they are very hungry mid-level carnivores. Like releasing a T. rex in a kindergarten.

I believe she is in South America where they live natively :)

CAMILA LOPES

Yes, I live in Florianopolis - Brazil. We have a whole family of tegus living in and around our place. If you check other stories of mine you'll see that.
Brazilians are generally afraid of lizards, we don't breed them or raise them. As I said in my first thread, I had to research about how to deal with these creatures, after starting to feed them, now they come to my door every afternoon, the whole family.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980