• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Baby Willamsi Gecko

Styx

Juvenile L. Williamsi geckos. I think this one is two or three months old now. I apologize for the water spots; this little gecko was posing up front on the leaf so I was trying to get some okay shots at least without startling it away. My sister and I call them “teensies” until they’re about 5+ months old.

Styx

This is the tank. That blue splotch on the left is the male watching me take pictures of his house. In the middle at the top, right on the seam of the doors you can see one of the hatchlings on the top of the screen. The corkscrew leaf plant the hatchlings like to sit on is on the left.

The hatchlings love to eat fruit flies the most, and after that gecko diet.

Styx

They start getting in their blue around 5-6 months, but a lot of my females that I have been hatching out have a lot of blue on them also. Nothing like the males when they are fully mature, but enough that as juvies and sub adults I have a really hard time telling the difference in the sexes, color wise. One female has blue sides and legs, and they were blue enough that as a sub adult I was sure she was submissive male. I moved her out in to her own enclosure, then she started laying eggs and I was like, "guess you're not male!" She has green on her back and her blue sides are not the electric blue of the mature males, but more of a turquoise or teal leaning towards blue - which is the same color as juvie and sub adult males.

Styx

C. ciliatus, E. agricolae, U. Henkeli, U. Phantasticus, U. Sikorae, L. lugubris, M. chahoua, and the L. Williamsi. And one gargoyle gecko. lol

Logie_Bear

I love leaf tails! Your lucky to be able to keep them. it gets too hot in my place. someday... im not familiar with lugubris. is it a day gecko?

Styx

I really enjoy the uroplatus, they're pretty awesome.

Their common name is mourning gecko, Lepidodactylus lugubris.

Logie_Bear

Aaaaa! Ive thought about getting into morning geckos for a long time! Most definitely a species i need to get my hands on!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980