• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Background

reaper44

Hey, i am about to waterproof the interior of my enclosure and after that i am going to have to do something with the raw wood look. Since this is the center-piece of my home, i need every part to be dressed up nice some the unfinished/wood interior will not work. The exterior of the enclosure is flat black, just like everything in my house is, flat black wood grain with stainless appliances. So what have some of you used as a nice background? and for an Arg. B&W, i have not really been able to look at what thier natural habitat looks like.. I am very interested to hear some "outside the box" ideas. Thanks.

heres the link to my other post that shows some pics of the enclosure:
http://www.tegutalk.com/threads/enclosure-progress-pics.14629/

Benn

On my backround I used 3/4" styrofoam boards, drew rocks on them then took a soldering iron and melted the in between areas. Put 3 coats of gray tinted drylok then spray painted them. I did a few trial runs cause it does take some practice. Here is a pic of my backround.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 52

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I like @Benn 's background there. Maybe you could go with some corkboard or something similar? Slate?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029