• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bathing

Dallen33

5 Year Member
Thanks...he'll be getting his (well we know know if its a he or she) first bath probably tomorrow. We've had him a week today and hes already crawling into our hands when we go into his tank.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
PinkPunisher said:
Luke warm water up to the tegus shoulders but no higher. Always keep a close eye on him/her.

Spencer

Spencer is correct, however tegus are great swimmers, it is still best to keep the water where they can touch the bottom and keep a close eye on them.

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Chances are he won't be to fond of it at first. I usually don't give my tegus baths unless there is some stuck shed on the toes or tail. It isn't really required but it is useful to make sure they are always hydrated.

Spencer

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
my tegu is not to fond of baths either but loves to get under the running water from the shower head. when tegs are small put in the sink its less water and not as stress for them i think.

COWHER

5 Year Member
I put maybe half the tub full of water and then i put a few flat rocks on one end of the tub so she can rest. she will swim laps around the rocks and then go rest for a bit then she'll jump off in to the water again and swim around. she will try to climb the sides when she wants out but I usually take her out before that due to the fact that the water starts getting cool.

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
Mine loves baths, I cover about half the body with warm water for 15-20min.

P1000171.jpg

P1000169.jpg
:D

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
he/she will more than likely be a bit freaked out at first since its a new experience, as in literally freakout and run around trying to climb out (thats what I experienced), but they calm down and you can put your hand in there to ensure them that your there and that they are safe, I used to put mine in for a bit then pick him up for a bit to show him that hes not in there forever and that hes ok, then put him back in. Now he loves them and will just lounge out and stretch his legs and close his eyes...not to mention its an excellent source of hydration if your tegu isnt much of a water drinker.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me