• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

bearded dragon with 2 heads!!

playlboi

5 Year Member
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f49_1182641779">http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f49_1182641779</a><!-- m -->

here's something crazy. and i guess she's selling it cause it has a price tag of 50,000 dollars!

i think specimens like these should be kept by the breeder, there shouldn't be a reason why they should try to sell it.

dorton

5 Year Member
Thats pretty wild, the local pet shop told me one of their suppliers has a 2 headed corn snake for sale for 25k...What would you do with a 2 headed anything??

nat

5 Year Member
not to mention the short life span these creatures have (which suggests to me an unhealthy animal (s) ) Its like that turtle website that sells two headed and eye less turtles. And to think we get worked up over things like inbreeding, there are people out there willing to go that far. While I don't think that the animal necissarily should be put down, I do think that it ought to be treated like a special needs animal ( no reputable breeder would sell a special needs animal for profit, but would rather would either keep it or place it in a suitable home. Cute buggers though (I say plural because I think its two beardies, not one... :) )

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
nat's obviously right about the short life span, and a normal healthy bearded dragon lives to only 6-9 years, imagine this little 2 headed baby, just a waste of money

Dragon_girl

5 Year Member
i doubt it will make it to adult hood, lucky if it even makes it to be a juvinelle. it dosent look very healthy. it never moved very much...

joshandjack

5 Year Member
omg thats so crazy, not just because the dragon has two heads, but also, thats my uncle patric fournier on the video, from his reptile shop in clovis california. honestly i was mre shocked to see my uncle then the two headed dragon.

dorton

5 Year Member
joshandjack said:
omg thats so crazy, not just because the dragon has two heads, but also, thats my uncle patric fournier on the video, from his reptile shop in clovis california. honestly i was mre shocked to see my uncle then the two headed dragon.

[small world playing in background]Wow, thats wild, I guess its a small world after all[/small world playing in background]

desiree

5 Year Member
I saw this dragon at one of the 2007 California shows I was working at. Unfortunately, I can't remember which one it was. She was walking about with the dragon(s) on her shoulder.

Tux

5 Year Member
KoreanDeathKid said:
nat's obviously right about the short life span, and a normal healthy bearded dragon lives to only 6-9 years, imagine this little 2 headed baby, just a waste of money

I think that's selling dragons short, I'd be willing to say the average well cared for dragon can easily hit 10 years. A dragon with good genetics and an experienced keeper can see even 15 years (just ask Ronnie Buck)

That being said a dragon with 2 heads is either a very rare natural mutation or theirs some bad inbreeding going on, I feel bad for it and others like it.

Tux

5 Year Member
RehabRalphy said:
Inbred mutation?

Very possible, I know it's thought that inbreeding depression is the result of many many deleterious mutations. Mutations from inbreeding are a very likely cause here IMO.

hoosier

5 Year Member
thats sad cuz theres a high chance that it wont live very long and i dont think you should say that the lizard is "worh" anything. if she sells it thats just wrong to me.

Tux

5 Year Member
Ya, 2 headed beardies have been seen a couple times, usually 1 head is more functioning then the other and I don't believe any have lasted long, shouldn't really expect it to with that big of deformity. It's sad but as they say only the strong survive. If it's not showing signs of suffering I'd try and raise it for sure though, seems the fair thing to do. I wouldn't try and sell it, that's a scam.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me