• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Beardie

I'm sure they are but I'm not asking if they are better ? I'm confused on your comment. I'm asking if anyone has knowledge with a bearded dragon having upper respiratory infection

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Kristi, I do not. However, tegus, green iguanas, tortoises, snakes, etc. can all get it. Sometimes, high heat for them to bask cures it. Other times, antibiotics must be added to the treatment. I hope that helps.

Thank you Walter.. I took her to the vet she had to stay overnight and get nebulizer treatments he sent her home on fortaz antibiotics and metacam... she is still open mouth breathing so I'm worried I'm waiting for him to return my call so I know what to do I just figured maybe someone else has dealt with it before and new any info ...thank you again

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You're welcome Good luck. In the meantime, make sure ready access to hot basking site.

Godzilla Earth

here are some sighs, Affected lizards may sneeze, or have discharge from their eyes or nose, bubbles from the mouth or nose, unnaturally rapid or shallow breathing, open-mouthed breathing, decreased appetite, and lethargy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam