• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bernie AA tegu

bwiegmann

We got Bernie yesterday :) he is a sweetheart, but has had a rough first day! When I got home last night I was watching him explore and he was not using his right front leg. So today we took a trip to the vet! It is broken :'( poor guy, but it isn't horrible, right below the elbow. So my vet splinted it, and he should be fine in about 4 weeks :). So its been an exciting day!! Has anyone had to care for a tegu with a broken leg? I'm afraid of him bumping it or hurting himself more : / hes been such a trooper :)
First pics are when I noticed his leg and the other two are when we got home today :) and I think he is a she, can anyone visually confirm? I was told he's a boy and I am not super familiar with the crosses! He's about a year old :)
[attachment=5265]
[attachment=5266]
[attachment=5267]
[attachment=5268]

Attachments

• IMAG0175.jpg
    IMAG0175.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 71
  • IMAG0184.jpg
    IMAG0184.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 53
  • IMAG0182.jpg
    IMAG0182.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
  • IMAG0180.jpg
    IMAG0180.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 59

bwiegmann

I think something may be really wrong with him : / every time he/she drinks he sneezes. And when I pick him/her up to give him his antibiotics it seems like he trembled, but is fine otherwise..... I think I'm being a little overreactive, and the vet said he looked good, but she was mostly concerned about the arm..... Should I bring him back in or is this normal?!? Please help :(
:huh:

KABIKANO

bwiegmann said:
I think something may be really wrong with him : / every time he/she drinks he sneezes. And when I pick him/her up to give him his antibiotics it seems like he trembled, but is fine otherwise..... I think I'm being a little overreactive, and the vet said he looked good, but she was mostly concerned about the arm..... Should I bring him back in or is this normal?!? Please help :(
:huh:

I would think all the behavior u mentioned is caused by the broken arm AND him still settling in his new home with u. But I am no vet... When in doubt better to be safe than sorry. If u are really worried, bring him back to your vet. Best wishes and try not to stress too much. Keep us updated.

On another note... I like your signature pictures especially the last one of Chiquita, we have one of our beloved Kapone too. Rest In Paradise Chiquita and Kapone...

bwiegmann

Here are Some updated pics :) he's doing fantastic, leg is 100%, he even got all range of motion back. He's enjoying his new life
:D
[attachment=5644]
[attachment=5645]
[attachment=5646]
[attachment=5647]

bwiegmann

Some updated pics :) he's such a big baby :) love him!!!!
[attachment=6083]
[attachment=6082]
[attachment=6081]
[attachment=6080]

Attachments

• IMAG0830.jpg
    IMAG0830.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 38
  • IMAG0828.jpg
    IMAG0828.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 35
  • IMAG0827.jpg
    IMAG0827.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
  • IMAG0825.jpg
    IMAG0825.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 53

bwiegmann

Boys gettin big :) just updated pics, looks like I need to get him a bigger hide ;)
[attachment=6318]
[attachment=6319]

Attachments

• IMAG0197.jpg
    IMAG0197.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMAG0200.jpg
    IMAG0200.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 27

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics