• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Best Hides for tegu's?

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It was a temp and yes when i pulled it out it was torn up and alittle soft. The rubbermaid has been amazing for my large tegu, I put one on the cool end and one on the basking area so he has a higher area to bask at. He loves it! It also has saved me alot for bedding. I noticed that he doesn't dig in the normal area between the two rubermaids, only inside them or under the water dish... go figure. So i have cut that section down to only 3" or bedding and i don't think he really has noticed much.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
right now no, my camera is being used at work at the moment i am pretty sure they lost it and won't let me know... i'm getting use to that now.

Nothing really special the cage right now is small due to my living situation its only 6x2 but i let him free roam when i'm around, the rubermaid do take up about 4 square feet of that space but like he doesnt seem to mind it.

Cshelt11

Thanks guys,
I like the rock cave one's too but they only go so big,even the largest of those hides won't last to long lol,

I decided to go with the reptile basic hides for now or until i find something better.But they look cool and are pretty cheap and durable so even when he does out grow them it will be easy to replace with bigger hides,i just hope the hides don't get to hot.

Toby your right, the main thing i should worry about is size,i was thinking of just making a slate rock basking rock/hide for him when i move him to the permanent enclosure,and a up side down tub with a hole on the cool side.

Btw, Welcome to the forum redtegu77.
I have seen someone use the septic tank covers that are molded resin and cut holes in them. They range from large to black throat monitor hide sized

Cshelt11

I have seen someone use the septic tank covers that are molded resin and cut holes in them. They range from large to black throat monitor hide sized

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980