• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Best tegu your vitamins and supplements?

Dinosaur mama

I just got a tegu I've had him for about a month I'm trying to figure out what are good vitamins and supplements for him? when I got him he had some burn marks on his back and his tail has been dropped. I'm trying to make sure he's healthy I just want to make sure he continues to grow so if anyone can get me back with like really good foods for him and vitamin supplements that would be really great.

Attachments

• 1611356737239.jpg
    1611356737239.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 15

rantology

I like Repashy SuperCal HyD and Herptivite - I sprinkle calcium on every feeding (will back off when full grown to 2~ times a week) on top of his fruits and veggies and reptilinks (reptilinks are a great option especially if you have trouble getting them to eat veggies). Darrow grew tremendously and without any issue on these in his first year for me (he's brumating now).. Other than those staples, many people (myself included) like to add a bit of fish oil. You can also try VitaminB complex ground and sprinkled in for help with shedding.

Calcium supplements are the most important and necessary, with a multi-vitamin supplement second. The other two are optional but can help with skin health and shedding.

LizardStudent

Agree with everything rantology said, especially the reptilinks. Also repashy sells a meal called chicken pot pie for tegus, but other people feed theirs the grub pie meal and repashy's products are very nutrient dense

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I also use Repashy. My male is funny though, if he smells/tastes is before he takes the food in. He might reject it if I don't disguise it completely.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029