• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Best time to feed tegu?

Zyn

Well if she’s only ate once in a month we got more issues than time of day. What are you trying to feed. Is it active at all or burrowed all day. What’s the temps and surface temps of the basking spot.

Rondell

Crickets roaches tegu can food salmon liver beef heart turkey ground basking spot is about 110-120
Middle of the cage is around 90 cool side is mid to high 70

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Do you feed in enclosure and leave out most of the day?? Could be a shy eater

Rondell

Yah probably... it only ate egg before so im going to try eggs again... I’m the 3rd owner in like 2 months the old owners couldn’t provide proper enclosure and temp humidity for it before

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So the poor little fella has had so much change too in its short life..... Create a routine, stick to it and be PATIENT.

Rondell

I take him out in the morning to get couple of hours under the sun then I put him in the bath tub trying to feed him then water training. His been with me for a month

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sounds like you are building up a good relationship.... I'd personally just feed from a bowl in the enclosure like I do with Alpha cause he is very shy around food, even at around 14 months old.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Maybe the tongs are something you can work towards once more trust is established..... For now though if you are worried I'd be letting him fill his boots from a Dish/plate in surroundings he feels comfortable.:D

Rondell

Imma try eggs again as it was the only food he ate even though I have at least two months of meal prep ready.. lolz I guess I’ll use it when Gucci is ready

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sounds as though he's reluctant to settle from all the moves. Set the routine, follow Alpha's advice, and he'll fall into a schedule within the stable set-up.

Rondell

Here gu’s water training. Very active again today spent 2 hours in his outside enclosure

Attachments

• BE6F8421-1588-44FB-BD96-BB7D3B155D0F.jpeg
    BE6F8421-1588-44FB-BD96-BB7D3B155D0F.jpeg
    982.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 232CBDB9-E0AB-4273-8B99-F92B1903A83A.jpeg
    232CBDB9-E0AB-4273-8B99-F92B1903A83A.jpeg
    1,009.3 KB · Views: 91

nightanole

Mine will only eat when it is hot, so basking spot or heating pad, and low traffic. Any bouncing or banging in the house and she thinks the world is coming to an end and hides. Also she only eats if she is within 1ft of a hide, you know, just in case.

PS you have humidity issues, the shed should not look like that. They do complete sheds like snakes while they are growing. Wrong humidity and you get flakes like you have, or they get trapped in a bag of skin.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980