• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Biggins Thread

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Lol biggin is huge how I get him to.grow so much and eat so much

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

tommylee22

Dude eats a ton, he will eat 3 hoppers in one meal. some days a whole cup full of about 15 dubia large females in a meal. he's going to be a beast.

Biggin had a hopper and 14 dubias today.

tommylee22

Skeetzy said:
You feed adult females :eek: do you buy the dubias or run a colony?

I'm not sure if the mice are females they are in a 3pack from pet store. I do have a huge colony of Dubias. I also order whole ground animals online like Rabbit/Turkey/quail eggs/chicken/duck/ so on. About to re order and try whole salmon.

oh you mean female Dubias, yes large females and males, I seem to have a ton of females.

Biggin also is only using bathroom in tub or bathroom :) never in his cage anymore, I'm so happy.. What I did there was everyday after he ate from day one, straight to the tub he went/goes, Now he's trained. I even went out of town for a couple days and my wife was scared to bath him and he held it till I got home... Boy was that a big dump and smelly at that.

tommylee22

chitodadon said:
Wow he is really tamed

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Biggin has never shown any aggression from day one. I will say the first week he was scared when I would reach in to tank but never once has he tail wiped or even opened his mouth as if he wanted to bite. I couldn't be happier with my first Tegu than I am with Biggin :)

tommylee22

Wow just looked at these pics I posted a while back on Biggin, dude has already grown bigger, I'll post some more picks soon. I wanted to talk about how much he's eating, today I feed him 6 one week old quails and he was jumping for more!! I'm starting to think this guy is going to eat me out of house and home lol. Anyway just wanted to post how much this beast is eating. I'll post some picks soon.

T

tommylee22

OK friends, Here is Biggin, I will have had him exactly 3 months now tomorrow. I got him July 9th. Biggin was actually born Jun 13th thou for those that want exact age. He scratched me up good getting these pics so I hope you like!

T

1000004729.jpg

1000004734.jpg

1000004730.jpg

1000004715.jpg

1000004705.jpg

1000004713.jpg

1000004736.jpg

tommylee22

I know right!! None of the people at local pet store think he's the same Tegu.. Biggin is going to be a BIGGIN lol, I can't wait to see just how big he will be once he's a year old. Oh he's 30.5" long, roughly I cant get him to lay straight by the yard stick but that's the best I could get, may be closer to 31".

tommylee22

I would love to see anyone's picks from same clutch, I got him July 9th he was born Jun. 13th. Biggin was a 2012 Bobby Hill Extreme for those that didn't know. Please post some of your pics sometime. I'm wondering how Biggin sizes up to his brothers and sisters.

agv0008

Wow. I wonder what he will max out at. Should only be another month or two. ROFL

Awesome tegu. Mine is about 3 months and 1/3 the size.

tommylee22

I'm hoping he's one like Bobby's big guys that gets up around 5.5feet.

agv0008 said:
Wow. I wonder what he will max out at. Should only be another month or two. ROFL

Awesome tegu. Mine is about 3 months and 1/3 the size.

Logie_Bear

tommylee22 said:
I would love to see anyone's picks from same clutch, I got him July 9th he was born Jun. 13th. Biggin was a 2012 Bobby Hill Extreme for those that didn't know. Please post some of your pics sometime. I'm wondering how Biggin sizes up to his brothers and sisters.

Ezzy is from the 6/13 clutch as well. She is only about 23 in right now. Already she is slowing down considerably and sleeping most of the day. Has Biggin started showing any signs of hibernating?

tommylee22

Biggin has not shown any signs of slowing down, actually he's becoming more and more curious when he's out and as for eating less he's actually eating a lot more. I've been wondering if he's going to actually hibernate. I live in MN it's already getting cold here.

Logie_Bear said:
tommylee22 said:

Ezzy is from the 6/13 clutch as well. She is only about 23 in right now. Already she is slowing down considerably and sleeping most of the day. Has Biggin started showing any signs of hibernating?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029