• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

bite time

chriz

5 Year Member
well was misting my tegus tank this mornig like i do all the time when my bnw came over instead of just nugging my hand like he normaly does he chomped down on my thumb not just happy with biting me he started 2 head shake on me trying 2 get a real nice bit of me the little git . lol . wll got my other hand on him which i thought he was gonna let go of me but hell no he just carried biting down on me (hurting now) 5 mins later n he's got hold of me ne min now he's gonna let go im thinking now at 10 mins he's no longer biting just holding me well untill i try n get my thumb back then he bites down again the missus is now finding it highly funny i cant let go n the missus is being a cow n wont help (my fault didnt roll in till 6 this morning) well he finally let go 20 mins later.
n all i came out with was 2 tiny puncher's thought it more than what it was
P5200119.jpg
think i got off lighly . i carried on mistin my other tanks n the checky git was scraching the glass the whole time 2 come out.
opened his tank again n it was like nothing happened walked right up my arm n back down again then nugged my hand 2 get him out n give him his head n belly rub lol well thats my first love bite off him n very much hoping the last . still cant get over how much power they have !!!

Gx3

5 Year Member
I've noticed if I touch a frozen fuzzy then handle my baby tegu without washing my hands he will be very interested in my fingers and bite them a few times hehe good thing hes a baby!

chriz

5 Year Member
yes us english do have some funny sayings . n think i now know y he bit me i had removed a snake shed from my corns tank about 5 mins b4. the only reason im thinking this is cos i had it on the side of the tank n he was out wondering around n i must have knocked the skin on the floor cos he found n ripped it 2 bits trying 2 kill it he was well n truely in feeding mode . now i know no touching the snakes b4 handling the tegus .

burke0000

5 Year Member
That had to hurt. I wish my tegu would get close enough to me to bite. I can even get close. I would rather be able to hold mine and get bit once in a while(while hes little atleast).

chriz

5 Year Member
no i never feed live plus the law stops us over here from doing it . n i wudnt ne way as the risk of the tegu getting bit n all scared up is not worth it well thats just how i feel. but saying that i have live fed pinkies 2 corns that have refused food but thats only been my last option .

chriz

5 Year Member
it did hurt my guy is 30" now from nose 2 tail n the power he has in his mouth is unreal he's packing on loads of size now

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980