• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Black nose tegu observation

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Well I have noticed that black nosed tegus have small heads or atleast thats what my tegu seems to be like now and what the pictures of varnyards black nosed tegus look like too. Im not saying that its a bad thing I personally like it. What ive seen some are not like that. Some tegus of the jam/whitey clutch seem to have rather large heads, give me your thoughts on this topic. Like I said this isnt a bad thing I really like the way it looks and it makes them stand out.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
you know its funny you should mention this, because i was thinking the same thing a while back. and its even funnier that jamxwhitey produced a lot of black nosed babys because bobby said he didnt produce any(or maybe it was black heads cant remember) but as far as i can see majority of the jamxwhitey babys didnt hibernate and are larger than the other clutches even some of the extremes.

Meg90

5 Year Member
God, I was looking at Cleo today and was like---oh I hope your head catches up with the rest of you! LOL. She scratched the bejeezus out of my wrist today as I was carrying her back to her enclosure. Little shite. Did it for no reason! I have 360 degree scratches all the way around!

She eats more frequently for me now though--about every 4 days vs 7. Tried more often then that and she was like, what am I supposed to do with this? Eat it? Nah, I'll walk through it.

Also, she urated on my couch during cuddle time. At least it was on a blanket. :shock:

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Meg90 said:
God, I was looking at Cleo today and was like---oh I hope your head catches up with the rest of you! LOL. She scratched the bejeezus out of my wrist today as I was carrying her back to her enclosure. Little shite. Did it for no reason! I have 360 degree scratches all the way around!

She eats more frequently for me now though--about every 4 days vs 7. Tried more often then that and she was like, what am I supposed to do with this? Eat it? Nah, I'll walk through it.

Also, she urated on my couch during cuddle time. At least it was on a blanket. :shock:
Lol sound like zero. He has a really black nose though and he eats way to much hes shed 3 times in the past 2 months. He is definately almost three feet he's so fat lol. He is a little but wad as well sometimes when i carry him, he will lay on my arm and the bolt up scratch my arm all up and then wants to sit on my shoulder.

Meg90

5 Year Member
Yeah, I was in a tank top, and usually I let Cleo go up my arm and sit on my shoulder when I carry her. I didn't want scratches all the way up though, so I didn't--and now I look emo. HAH!

I've never actually measured Cleo--she won't sit still long enough.

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Meg90 said:
Yeah, I was in a tank top, and usually I let Cleo go up my arm and sit on my shoulder when I carry her. I didn't want scratches all the way up though, so I didn't--and now I look emo. HAH!

I've never actually measured Cleo--she won't sit still long enough.
Lol well what I do is put a measuring tape the length of the tank and watch him and he will usually just lay completely stretched out.

Meg90

5 Year Member
She's got that basking platform though--so she's always on that. I know she's got 12 inches of body though, because that's how long the platform is. I'd say maybe 18in of tail--so yeah, prolly close to 3 ft. :D

This week I'm gonna start offering a rodent, and then tilapia/turkey/egg/etc. And see how much she eats in a meal. I tried getting her to eat more fruit, but she was not feeling that.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
TanMan57 said:
Meg90 said:

Lol sound like zero. He has a really black nose though and he eats way to much hes shed 3 times in the past 2 months. He is definately almost three feet he's so fat lol. He is a little but wad as well sometimes when i carry him, he will lay on my arm and the bolt up scratch my arm all up and then wants to sit on my shoulder.

lol it shows that nero, zero, and cleo are siblings, nero decided a few weeks ago that the carpet was a much better place to poop than the litter pan/w warm water. and when i say this tegu can eat, i mean it he can EAT!!! lol and i dont let him climb up my arm any more because he is just too heavy (i would have to give him 10-15 lbs. )and i always look like i cut myself afterwards lol(but the iguana does his damage too).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980