• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Blaptica Dubia: The Cricket Alternative

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
cfcsean said:
Just wondering, How will Dubia do outside in Florida? I want to start a colony but on the porch rather than inside.

Welcome to the TeguTalk community, glad you could join us!!

What part of Florida? They cannot take winters in north Florida.

cfcsean

5 Year Member
Hey Bobby, Thanks for replying and Welcoming me. Im in Central Florida, I would move them inside for the winters but during spring, summer and fall would they be ok on the porch?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
cfcsean said:
Hey Bobby, Thanks for replying and Welcoming me. Im in Central Florida, I would move them inside for the winters but during spring, summer and fall would they be ok on the porch?

You are more than welcome!!

They should be just fine as long as they do not get too hot of cold.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey cfcsean,
I don't know if you know this or not but it's illegal to ship any species of roaches to FL. Just thought I'd give you a heads up if you were planning to buy online.

cfcsean

5 Year Member
Thanks for the replies Puff and Bobby, I actually already have the roaches, 15 pairs of adults and 240 smalls. Ive got everything set up, I was just wondering if they would fair ok outside or if i needed to bring them in.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
PuffDragon said:
Hey cfcsean,
I don't know if you know this or not but it's illegal to ship any species of roaches to FL. Just thought I'd give you a heads up if you were planning to buy online.

That is somewhat true, discoids are not one of them. :)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
cfcsean said:
Thanks for the replies Puff and Bobby, I actually already have the roaches, 15 pairs of adults and 240 smalls. Ive got everything set up, I was just wondering if they would fair ok outside or if i needed to bring them in.

One thing you must watch out for is ants, fire ants will try to get in there if given the chance. Also I am more then glad to help!! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980