• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

bloating?

hoosier

5 Year Member
Dek was looking a little skinny when i saw him yesterday. it was the first time in a week i saw him so i gave him some bananas(one full one) and now he looks bloated. is this ok? it confuses me a little.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hoosier said:
Dek was looking a little skinny when i saw him yesterday. it was the first time in a week i saw him so i gave him some bananas(one full one) and now he looks bloated. is this ok? it confuses me a little.

He should not have any problems passing bananas, however it might be a stinky stool.

hoosier

5 Year Member
im sure it will be lol. it waas just a suprise to me how much one banana filled hime up. the next day i gave him some strawberries but he didnt touch them so im guessing he was full. :roll:

olympus

5 Year Member
You wanna see bloated my tegu ate a large rat for the first time today...
IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
olympus said:
You wanna see bloated my tegu ate a large rat for the first time today...
IMG_0680.jpg
Looks like a medium. How much does your Tegu weigh? How often do you feed him a rat?

Our big Red is over 8 lbs and I've been feeding him a small rat once a week, tilapia once a week and fruit & veggies every other day.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hoosier said:
im getting ready to give my boy a medium. hes been eating small for a while now. 8)
I'm just about to give our Red a small. The mediums are double the weight & size. But I've got a new bag of smalls, maybe I'll try (2). But then again he's 7 years old, I don't want to over feed him.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
olympus said:
When I bought it from pet co it said one large rat...
It sounds like the large rat is Petco!! :mrgreen:

Try to find a local pet store that sells reptiles and has a freezer full of frozen rodents. They'll get them from a reputable vendor. You'll pay alot more than getting them from a show but at least you'll get what you pay for. We bought a bag of 15 medium rats at the last White Plains show for $25 I think. Alot less than the $3 or $4 you'll pay at a pet store.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me