• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Blood Python

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well My CBB Blood should be here on Friday..im excited..
Anyone have any tips?? Or owned one before? I know Striggs has one.. But i havnt seen him on here in a while.

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
Blood pythons seem to have a bad reputation, which I don't think is really deserved. Your baby snake is potential. If you interact with it, you have a good chance of having a really nice snake. That being said, I know plenty of people who are breeders and spend almost no time handling their blood pythons and have some real maniacs on their hands.

I'm sure yours will be great. Please post some pictures of the snake and setup so we can all have a look.

-Chris

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Its a babie.. I dont know how big... but heres a pic.
myblood.jpg

Beautiful little guy he is!
Iv noticed their isnt many care sheets on these guys...iv been looking around on the web for a couple months now..and not many of them are full of detail.

snakehandler

5 Year Member
I owned one before, theyre really cool snakes.
Not hard to handle or feed. just be carefull as with any large snake.
and they need more humidity than other pythons.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
yeah i got this all down pat now.. Got my tank setup for now.. i gotta go out and buy a temp controler for my under the tank heater im using. other then that i think im set.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It would be cool if you could find out how big he currently is.
Along with Coldthirst, I was wondering if you were interested in starting up a lil breeding project with them?

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would like to breed..but right now he is a pet. when i get a female (which i have been looking at some) i might breed. havnt made my mind up yet.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lexi said:
I would like to breed..but right now he is a pet. when i get a female (which i have been looking at some) i might breed. havnt made my mind up yet.

Cool! Lemme know if/when you breed them; I (or one of my buddies) might be interested in buying one (or more) from you.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DZLife said:
Lexi said:

Cool! Lemme know if/when you breed them; I (or one of my buddies) might be interested in buying one (or more) from you.

Ill let you know!! I should be having some beardie babies hatching in the next month.. wanna buy some of them too?

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
Lexi, many responsible people can't handle a cat as a pet either!

I'm one of those strange people who has cats and hates them at the same time. It's one of those things where I like my cats, because they're mine, but hate your cats and all other cats for that matter.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
shiftylarry said:
Lexi, many responsible people can't handle a cat as a pet either!

I'm one of those strange people who has cats and hates them at the same time. It's one of those things where I like my cats, because they're mine, but hate your cats and all other cats for that matter.
thats how i am too..i hate cats..but i love my own.. Im just saying..My friends have gotten geckos and other reptiles before.. but let them die..didnt clean their tanks or anything.. Most of my friends are lazy ..

And Korean how did it "almost" bite your hand?

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
it struck at me while it was in my hand, but since it was just a baby and it fell on the floor while reaching for my hand
i seriously have no idea tho, i thought i felt his nose, but the next thing i saw was a baby blood python lying on the floor slithering around

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
awww.. He just wanted to taste you!! lol
Yeah they can be flighty and bite but im hopein that ,that wont be the case with my babie.. i mean i always expect to get bit when i receave new reptiles.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I like bloods, I have had many of them, I will say this, and they are one of the fastest striking non-venomous that I know of. They remind me of a pit viper.

Congrats on the new snake Lex!! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980