• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Blue and Gold tegus?

Tegu_questions

Hello all!
I have found that gold and blue tegus are smaller than the more common red and black-n-white (and I think also Columbian?) tegus. I don’t currently own any tegus, though, so I am asking if either a gold or blue tegu has a smaller enclosure requirement due to their smaller size (as this would be helpful for me to keep one) and, if so, are they worth it as a first-time tegu? Are they super hard to find, expensive, delicate or aggressive, et cetera?
Thanks in advance! :)

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have a Colombian and yes hes smaller with smaller enclosure requirements... My personnel thoughts are that Colombians are more antisocial meaning they love to do their own thing, Alpha is NOT aggressive though..

I also don't know about availability or price as I'm in the UK.

Tegu_questions

I have a Colombian and yes hes smaller with smaller enclosure requirements... My personnel thoughts are that Colombians are more antisocial meaning they love to do their own thing, Alpha is NOT aggressive though..

I also don't know about availability or price as I'm in the UK.
I was asking more about Golds and Blues, but that is good to know.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The best pet is the one you want. Personally, I'd strive for the biggest enclosure regardless.

Zyn

Blues are smaller but not by much my male just hit two years old and nearly 4 feet head to the end of his tail

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You're welcome. Take care about your source for tegus. You might want to check with other members here where they got their blues. Colobians are farm raised and imported. Still, even though brought in and relatively inexpensive, some outfits are not clean, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980