• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

blue only attribute?

erk

5 Year Member
Do only the blue tegus have that "burnt" nose look?

penelope-001.jpg

penelope-002.jpg

penelope-003.jpg

penelope-004.jpg

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Awesome pictures!!

No Argentines can have the black snout as well, I have some that have this too.

erk

5 Year Member
Thanks. She is kind of a rescue. She was very dehydrated and is very skinny, but I plan on fixing that. It really bothers me the way some people keep their animals. These are living creatures and some people are just out to make a buck.

So she's not a blue? I didn't really notice the "burnt" nose until I got her home. She is a very nice girl, though. I can't wait to fatten her up.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
She is 100% Argentine black and white, and looks like some out of my stock from this season. Do you know where she came from?

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah I was about to comment on how thin she is, but then I realized you explained that! Other than that, she looks pretty great! Docile too!

erk

5 Year Member
She is an eating machine. 12 adult B. dubia roaches, 2 f/t hoppers, 9 superworms, chopped beef heart, grapes, and mango. That was lunch, today. My wife said she ate everything and licked the plate clean.

Our red doesn't really like fruit or vegetables, but will eat some once in a while. Maybe she'll teach the red to eat his fruits and veggies, once I take her out of quarantine.

erk

5 Year Member
Her back and head are very gray/ off-white. The line that goes from her eyes back to her tail look like somebody colored it in with a yellow highlighter. It looks florescent yellow. I wish her real colors would show in these picture.

We took her to the park the other day and some guy offered me $200 for her. I said no. He came back around 30 minutes later, with $375 cash in hand. Neither I nor my wife wanted to give her up. His name was Paul Anderson.

She has been a little cranky(defensive) lately, but I figure it must be "tegu puberty".