• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Blue Tegu

Swarn

5 Year Member
Hi guys im new to the site!! I'm very interested in getting a tegu I have one bearded dragon who i've had for almost 2 years now hes awesome. I really like monitors and i would like to get a blue tegu at some point, if I could get some information like cage size light and stuff that would be great!! I heard that you can get a stock tank and raise them in those?? Lemme know whats up guys thanks!!!!!

Chad

All_American

5 Year Member
hi Chad, a 4x2x2 is good for a hatchling for the first year. Then as the ole saying goes. Bigger is better. So make or get a cage that is as big as you can purchase or make. Rember though, floor space is more important than height.

Swarn

5 Year Member
lol thanks ok another question i had was the like avg cost of feeding anyone have clue and do i feed every other day when they get older or.. what. so for a full grown one would 7x2x2 be good?

LouDog760

5 Year Member
Like he said above, floor space is more important. I would do 7x3x3 or make it 2 high. If you need help ask Davedragon, he breeds them.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
We'll see if our Blue's cooperate this year and breed. Ours are in 7ft x 3ft enclosures I built. The enclosure should be a minimum of the lizards length in width and twice his length in length (if that makes and sense!).

Our adults get a couple of mice on the weekend, and either ground turkey or tilapia mixed with some fruit every 2 to 3 days. Under a year they need to eat as much as they want every day, in the first few months I fed them twice a day. No idea what the cost was.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029