• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bobby bean growth

The captain

5 Year Member
Here he is circa April 15th 2009 Dirty and scrawny.
IMG_4186.jpg

IMG_4191.jpg

IMG_4275.jpg

Here he was may 1st. Just a couple weeks out of hibernation.
IMG_4384.jpg

May 19th. freshly shed. Very pleased with his black/white ratios. He has a great attitude and appetite.
IMG_4408.jpg

IMG_4406.jpg

IMG_4417.jpg

IMG_4420.jpg

IMG_4434.jpg

IMG_4443.jpg

IMG_4448.jpg

Comments welcome. idk if he grew too much but hes getting fatter!

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
Well i heard bobby is the only one who can currently breed giants and he is a looker soooo..... cant wait to see more when he is four feet!

I believe some where on the chaco forum there is a comparison on the norms and giants head proportions

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Your tegu is 110% pure Giant, and it is starting to show some awesome color.

The captain

5 Year Member
Thanks bobby.
did you notice hes named after you? lol

he just doesn't have the white saddles along his back that most of the pictures show. I love him either way.

Great temper for a young reptile. i had a beardy that was fussier. :)
not seeing too much growth. but i do see some. amazing how much he changed between sheds!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What white saddles are you talking about? I do not judge types of tegus by saddles.

The captain

5 Year Member
Im not judging by the saddles, however if you look at the babies in your thread, "giant tegu," the babies have alot more of the silvery/cream saddles. as opposed to thick black saddles like a normal arg. I know that isnt a way to identify the tegu, and in the end they are still the same species. He does have that crocodile like head you explain. I dont doubt he is a giant, or your ability to differentiate the two types of bnw tegus. Just saying in the end i have had quite a few hobbyists who are familiar with both animals say mine looks like a regular black and white. Nothing wrong with that. Hes a healthy and pretty animal.

The captain

5 Year Member
*Update*
June 1st 2009
Looks like steady growth for 2 months. needs to shed for the photo contest ^_^
IMG_4479.jpg

IMG_4478.jpg

IMG_4485.jpg

I will measure him tomorrow, and start measuring religiously. I should have started last month :doh

Comments welcome

thanks for looking!
sam

The captain

5 Year Member
July 1st update.
Of course he sheds the day after the contest. His sides are white and nice but his head looks brownish.

IMG_4772.jpg

IMG_4774.jpg

IMG_4783.jpg

IMG_4788.jpg

Compare:
May 1st
IMG_4381.jpg

July 1st
IMG_4779.jpg

IMG_4781.jpg

Members online

No members online now.