• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Breathing

Ryan Welham

Hello all I have a black and white Argentine tegu and has recently come out of brumation and has started eating well and more active. One thing I have noticed that his breathing is slightly heavy but not sure whether I am being too careful and worrysum. He just takes a slightly bigger breath in about 2/3 times a minute. Would be fantastic if anyone could tell me if this is normal or if there is something else going on. Thanks :)

Ryan Welham

He does not seem to have changed behaviour wise, only thing he seems to do is want to go back if I get him out which I thought of common for young tegus to be a bit flighty, it has been since he has eaten a meal that I gave him and now starting to think if it could be digestion?

Ryan Welham

When I get him out he seems to want to go back to his viv within a few minutes of being out, any ideas on how to solve this? Should I get him out more often for him to get used to me or is there anything else I can try? Any help appreciated:)

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Take him out more. Let him sit on your lap on floor. Cover his head with your shirt tail.

Not sure on breathing. Quiet breating, no gurgling, exudate, etc., should be fine, especially if normal activity.

Ryan Welham

Take him out more. Let him sit on your lap on floor. Cover his head with your shirt tail. Not sure on breathing. Quiet breating, no gurgling, exudate, etc., should be fine, especially if normal activity.
Take him out more. Let him sit on your lap on floor. Cover his head with your shirt tail. Not sure on breathing. Quiet breating, no gurgling, exudate, etc., should be fine, especially if normal activity.

Ryan Welham

I would like to house my tegu with a tortoise which I have been told that it can be done with the right breed which also originates from Argentina, has anyone done this or know if this is a good idea? Many thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980