• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Breedable Sunglow Female $500

s4sainz

Available is a young 3yr old female sunglow, SHE IS MISSING ONE EYE, born like this at birth. Other than is imperfection, she is perfect, eating great on FT/Live Large Rats. She is in between 5.5-6Ft, and very tame. No health issue's, she is ready to breed.

She is priced at $500 Local Pick Up or $550 Shipped

Shipping is Mon-Wed, Via Fedex Priority Overnight, Direct signature must be obtained to ensure live arrival.
Paypal and Money Orders are Accepted
Live arrival is guaranteed except on shipments delayed or mishandled by carrier.
DOA claims must be made within 24 hours.
I can not Gaurantee live arrival on tempertures under 40 degrees and over 90 degrees
thanks
Anthony Sainz
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

DSC_0038-1.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

slideaboot

5 Year Member
s4sainz said:
Available is a young 3yr old female sunglow, SHE IS MISSING ONE EYE, born like this at birth. Other than is imperfection, she is perfect, eating great on FT/Live Large Rats. She is in between 5.5-6Ft, and very tame. No health issue's, she is ready to breed.

Missing an eye at birth is a HUGE health issue...

Anybody's who's paid attention to the boa trade in the last decade is WELL aware of this...

s4sainz

I know many breeders who have breed one eyed albinos, and have not had any issue's. thanks for your kind words though :)

johnlebel

There acctually was a couple one eyed boas at the white plains expo... one of which was a snow boa for 150$ which I shoulda got!

slideaboot

5 Year Member
s4sainz said:

She is priced at $500 Local Pick Up or $550 Shipped

Shipping is Mon-Wed, Via Fedex Priority Overnight, Direct signature must be obtained to ensure live arrival.
Paypal and Money Orders are Accepted
Live arrival is guaranteed except on shipments delayed or mishandled by carrier.
DOA claims must be made within 24 hours.
I can not Gaurantee live arrival on tempertures under 40 degrees and over 90 degrees
thanks
Anthony Sainz
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

DSC_0038-1.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

Ya know what? I take it back...I think I spoke too soon when I said that only having one eye was a "huge" health issue. You're probably right...that boa looks very healthy.

What I should've said is that a one-eyed boa with the albino gene is genetically weak and inferior and should not, in ANY way, ever be bred. So, to use the "ready to breed" selling point is irresponsible on your part. That's what I SHOULD have said. My apologies.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
johnlebel said:
not sure id breed the eye genes but id love to have her!

TOTALLY! A pet is one thing...

Breeding an animal that is obviously genetically weak is a disservice to the entire reptile community. It also SHREDS one's credibility.

s4sainz

I know many ppl who have bred one eyed albinos, nothing wrong with that. The albino gene is weak, this is not uncommon, i think everyone knows this.

I used the term "BREEDABLE" because she is breeding size, and can definately breed. She is 100% healthy, i noticed you are in CA, so if you want to see her in person, that is fine with me.

Is this what you do, waste your time searching on the web bashing ppls threads? Seriously, if your not interested than, please butt out. i'd be glad to take this to the discussion board if this makes you feel better about yourself.

johnlebel

im not bashing youre snake nor youre terms
i wish i had room cuz i would buy her.... one eye or 2
i use the same term to describe size..

s4sainz

Sorry john, wasnt saying anything about you, the comment was not directed to you. thanks for your honest feedback though.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
s4sainz said:
I know many ppl who have bred one eyed albinos, nothing wrong with that. The albino gene is weak, this is not uncommon, i think everyone knows this.

I used the term "BREEDABLE" because she is breeding size, and can definately breed. She is 100% healthy, i noticed you are in CA, so if you want to see her in person, that is fine with me.

Is this what you do, waste your time searching on the web bashing ppls threads? Seriously, if your not interested than, please butt out. i'd be glad to take this to the discussion board if this makes you feel better about yourself.

For the record, this IS the discussion board...I'm not sure where you plan on taking this to make me "feel better" about myself...

So...you acknowledge that the albino gene is weak, but say there's nothing wrong in breeding one-eyed albinos. Weird...

You used the term "BREEDABLE" because it's a selling point. And, according to you, there's nothing wrong with breeding genetically weak animals (when there are other PERFECTLY fine animals to breed instead that could strengthen the bloodlines)... Why would you ever encourage such a practice? Because "other" breeders do? I asked you earlier, and I'll ask you again: Do you know of any REPUTABLE breeders that do this? I'm not talking about people that know how to throw two boas together and make money off of their offspring (deformed or not) and unsuspecting buyers--I'm talking about REPUTABLE breeders here.

And no, coming on here to bash people's threads is not how I "waste" my time. I called you out because the reptile community has a bad enough reputation as it is. The propogation of inferior animals is just another blemish on an already controversial industry.

I come on here to get help and help people with tegu advice. We all know what you come on here for...to make money. That's why over 50% of your posts are ads for animals that you are trying to sell.

All_American

5 Year Member
Slideaboot:
I am going to have to agree with you 100% Last year, I had my hypo and albino breed and out of the 18 babies there were 13 albino's with 2 of them with one eye thing going on. I put them down that day sadly.

Albino's have a very weak gene pool already, considering that out of all the boa's that I had last year. I only have 3 strong and healthy animals now. They all would not eat well and I did not force feed them in any way. I ended up putting them down so not to extend out there fate of death. Nor go and sell them quickly to someone else for them to deal with.

This is a concious decision on my part and it will be on each and every person to do the right thing for them selfs. So, in that no one should take what I have said personally.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
I am going to have to agree with you 100% Last year, I had my hypo and albino breed and out of the 18 babies there were 13 albino's with 2 of them with one eye thing going on. I put them down that day sadly.

Read more: http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=706#ixzz1IaWo99S1

um i dont mean to be an ass but why the hell would u kill two snakes because they had a defect? if thats what u ment by putting them down. thats fucked up...

slideaboot

5 Year Member
frost said:

Read more: http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=706#ixzz1IaWo99S1

um i dont mean to be an ass but why the hell would u kill two snakes because they had a defect? if thats what u ment by putting them down. thats fucked up...

If the snakes aren't put down, somebody (like the irresponsible OP of this thread) will try and breed them, thus adding more genetically weak specimens to the breeding pool.

Granted, they could be kept as pets, but then a breeder can only cross their fingers that a buyer won't try to breed and profit off of a genetically weak specimen, and therefore, pollute the future breeding pool of these animals. There are cases where literally, an entire litter of albinos was born with one eye (or, in some cases NO eyes).

And what ever happened to people using APPROPRIATE language on this forum? All of a sudden, anybody can cuss on here? I thought this was supposed to be a forum where we could feel confident in having kids and such around? Moderators?

frost

1,000+ Post Club
ok i guess you have a point,still dont like them being out down but if people are going to breed till they multiply defects then i guess its for there own good.sry about the swearing i though it was automatically bleeped.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980