• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Breeding Contract

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey all,
I have been talking to a member on thetegu who has three female tegus (one blue, one red/blue and one extreme) and I offered to stud out my male for this breeding season. My question is what kind of contract should I use to make sure I don't lose my male.

I understand there is a risk that they might hurt or even kill him, but i mean what should I add to make sure I get my boy back. We have not worked out all the details yet and I have not gone over there to see the place (work has been crazy!).

As suggestions or advice would be great!

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He is local, and he has been in the tegu community for a few years now.

I would love to have the females come here but I do not have the current have the space for three more adult tegus. I think I am just going to meet up with him and see what kind of feeling I get.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
You could just borrow them one at a time and put them in his cage for a week or two for them to breed. That's what I would do.

RamblinRose

5 Year Member
chelvis,
The only reason I said, what I said was, that I would not want breeding inexperience to harm you Tegu. It is the dominance factor, as far as a male/female introductions. You want the male to be the dominant one. I will always take the female and place in with a male, "never" the other way around.

Just like new intro's with two I want to keep together. I thoroughly clean out entire cage and use fresh bedding, that way no one is more dominant over the other.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bosco has been studded before and had no problem, he seems to be in his element no matter where he is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029